Chapter 8: Rebound

Chapter 8: Rebound

I'll see you again, my lovely Belle.

Over my dead body.

My body shook with rage as I stared at the door which had slammed shut.

On cue, a flustered Genie came running out the living room and stumbled before me.

"Did I hear you right or did you just say that I'm supposed to call the cops? Why? Did the pizza delivery boy get upset because you didn't tip him again?"

"I always tip them!" I snapped, extremely annoyed in the moment.

She held up her hands in surrender at my outburst of anger.

Her eyes were shaking as she approached the topic once again.

"Okay...let's say you did tip him. Why do you want me to call the police? I couldn't hear the rest of what you were saying because the TV was so loud."

"You know what? Forget it." I sighed defeatedly.

She looked at me, as if I was losing a few screws before timidly pulling at my arm. "I think it's about time we call it a night and you get some rest. I think you've over-exhausted yourself enough for the day."

Running a hand through my hair, I nodded in compliance.

She was right.

Maybe after a good night's rest I could wrap my head around what was happening in my life and how I could put an end to it.

That night I hadn't gotten any sleep.

I tossed and turned in the bed beside Genie until I finally got out of it and headed to the bathroom. Washing my face with the warm water, I braced my hands against the sink and stared at my reflection. I looked undeniably troubled. The bags underneath my eyes spoke for my lack of sleep and the dead look within them were telltales to my troubles.

I just couldn't understand what was going on in my life after stumbling upon Angelo.

Maybe it would be easier to sort everything out in chronological order and see if there could be a light bulb moment.

First and foremost, I had flirted with the mysterious man in a bar after he had approached me because of how insanely good looking he was.

No harm done there.

Which woman in her right mind wouldn't reciprocate the feelings of a hot guy who wanted her?

I winced, however, when I recalled how I had totally freaked out after a moment of him blanking out before me.

Okay, maybe that could have been the first strike for me.

But that wasn't enough for him to purposely try and make my life hell. There's no way.

After I had fled from the scene, that potential killer had freaked out about me smelling like Angelo so he wanted to hurt me, for a lack of better words.

Angelo came to my rescue and...

I gulped as I remembered what he said he had done to him.

Angelo had "sent him to where he belonged" which was his version of hell.

He killed the guy, my subconscious spoke up at me trying to tip toe around it.

My eyes screwed shut at the reality of it.

Maybe he really had killed him...

But the guy was trying to kill me too.

It wasn't justifiable because there were many other alternatives to punish him for his crime, but if it really had came down to that and Angelo had no choice but to do so...should I really be judgmental about it?