Ch 2: The New Recruit

Alannah Jones
1 week after aou

My best friend is dead. The person who was like a brother to me for over two years, is gone. I couldn't believe it.

The 'Avengers' took Wanda and I in. We were at a compound in upstate New York. The two of us have mainly stayed to ourselves the last week. No one had tried to be very inclusive.

I haven't t used my powers since Ultron. I still have a slight headache that won't go away. It could be worse though, I haven't used my real powers, not even on Ultron. I only used my telekinesis, so I didn't take much medicine. I needed to save that for later.

Time Skip
A week and a half later

Tony got a message this morning that Thor was coming back, and that he would have someone with him. I have no idea who it would be, but they were coming in an hour.

We were all in the living room area. "So Alannah, you got a nickname or anything?" Tony asked. "Because if not I'm gonna have to give you one."

I smiled slightly, "When I was little my parents would call me silly names but not real nicknames."

"Well," the billionaire began, "I'm not having that. I'll call you Lannah. It's simpler."

"You literally just took off one letter." I told him.

"I can call you frosty if you want."

"Lannah is fine."

We all just sat around talking and joking for a while. I twirled my short brown hair with my powers. I had picked up the habit a few years ago. Like how some people would twirl their hair with their finger, I do the exact same thing with my powers. It doesn't drain me and leaves my hands free.

Soon enough, Thor arrived. And I got my first glance at the new arrival. A certain God of mischief.

Loki

Almost a year after I had been brainwashed and attacked earth, father finally realized it wasn't me. He let me free, but thought it would be best to have Thor keep an eye on me.

So we are going back to earth. I didn't think it was a good idea, but father insisted.

My brother told me that there would be a few more people than the last time I saw the heroes, but said nothing else. Hemidal opened the bifrost and sent us to midguard

We arrived out side of the new Avengers compound. There was a group of people standing by the door waiting for us.

"Umm, goldilocks. Is there a reason you brought your brother back to earth? Unless you forgot that last time he was here he tried to kill us." Tony Stark yelled at Thor.

"Loki is not to blame for what he did. Much as how Clint was brainwashed to attack shield, my brother was brainwashed to attack earth." He glanced over at me, "While he is still a god of mischief, he is not evil. And he will definitely not be trying to kill anything."

The others seemed unsure, but don't push the subject. We all head inside and sit down.

"I guess we should make introductions." Captain Rogers says. "This is Sam, Rhodey, Vision, Wanda and Alannah. Guys this is Loki."

Everyone nods or waved when their name is said. Last is a girl about 17 or 18. She has shoulder length brown hair that is neatly trimmed. She has mesmerizing brown eyes and wears blue jeans, combat books and a teal tank top.

She holds my gaze, and I know she won't look away first. She seems sweet and kind, but she has also been trained. Hard. I have a feeling she could beat everyone in the room in a fight.

I realized that the conversation had changed, and I looked away. I didn't say anything, I stayed in the back of the room and observed. I studied how they interacted with each other. I quickly discovered that these mortals weren't much different than asguardians. They were loud and rambunctious, and got along with each other even though their personalities were polar opposites. It was intriguing.

When conversation finally stopped I spoke up. "Where will I be staying?"

"Only open room is next to Lannah. You can show him." Stark informed me. The girl from earlier stood up and walked down a hallway. I followed her quickly.

We went to the very last room in the hall. "This is you. I'm next door." She opened the door and walked in. She sat down on the king size bed and looked at me.

The room was plain, with a desk two dressers and two doors. I grabbed the chair from the desk and sat down as well.

"You didn't talk much in there." I said.

"Neither did you."

Her voice was hard, but gentle. "You aren't like them, are you?"

Her face remained blank, "I haven't even been her three weeks. My best friend died because I couldn't save him. I'm still figuring out how I fit in here."

We sat in silence for a moment. "How old are you?"

Her head was down and she was looking at her hands. I could of sworn that I saw a blue spark. "17. What about you?"

"Well in asguardian years I'm 1070. But to a human, I'm about 20."

Lannah laughed. A beautiful laugh. "The god of mischief, barley even an adult. I'm not surprised."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I demand.

"Nothing, just that most humans that age are partying and are like super unresponsible. It just makes sense." She smirked and stood up.

As she walked to the door she said, "Tell me if you need anything." And then she was gone.