Chaos (Platonic Avengers - Peter Centric)

"Hey, Penis whatcha looking at?" Flash walked around the large display case holding different artifacts. Peter sighed and Ned seemed a bit on edge. The students of Midtown High were currently on a field trip to an art museum. Peter was excited to see the modern art exhibit. He loved how you could interpret the pieces any way you wanted and it calmed him to sit and stare at abstract works. Flash had teased him for his excitement. He gave a dramatic yawn, "I've been here so many times I've lost track. I find it so invigorating to absorb culture. It's much more productive than lying about an internship, don't you think?" He had leaned toward one of Peter's classmates, but his eyes were pointed directly at him. A museum curator gave him a halfhearted shush and continued to mess with his radio.

The group continued to the scrap metal exhibit. Flash was prodding Ned's shoulder and making rude remarks about him being a nerd. Peter rushed over to defend his friend and suddenly, the whole building shook. The giant, twisted metal sculpture detached from it's stand with a sickening crack and was headed for a direct collision with the three boys. Peter reached up and held it up for them. Ned was freaking out seeing Peter's powers in action. Flash was speechless for a moment, but then shrugged, "They must be lying about this being actual iron. There's no way if Penis can lift it." Peter lowered the piece to the ground and turned around to survey the room. Flash secretly tried to lift the structure and realized it was definitely real and definitely very heavy. He would never admit it though.

Some students got trapped under other metal works and one unfortunate girl had a sharp part stuck in her leg. Peter helped as much as he could. Ned followed him around and pretended to be assisting with lifting the weight off of people to throw off suspicions about Peter.

The TV monitor that had been playing a video of an artist heating and twisting his materials suddenly became a news broadcast. There were aliens in New York again. They didn't look as bad as the first invasion and the Avengers had already closed the wormhole to cap it off, but there was still quite a struggler. Everyone watched the screen in horror as Captain America was flung toward a building. Wait a moment, that was the museum they were in. Sure enough, in the next second, there was a shattering noise and Captain America skidded across the floor. Students crowded around, but their teacher made the motion to stand back. Steve sat up and looked directly over at Peter.

He had met Spiderman and he had met Peter Parker, but Tony hadn't explicitly said that Peter was trying to keep his identity a secret so Steve assumed his name wasn't all over because he only handled small crimes. As such, he didn't think twice before saying, "Peter, we could really use your help out there. Tony's got the west end covered, but it's difficult for Nat and I to go for the head without flying abilities."

After he said that, his eyes widened. Peter knew he was being chewed out on the coms for outing him, but at this point he just gave up. It was a month before graduation anyway. Might as well give up the secret, right? He waved his arm, "Don't worry about it Cap. I'm ready,"

Everyone was staring, speechless with open mouths, at Peter and Steve. No one said it, but they were all thinking, "Why does Captain America need Peter?" And "What is Peter ready for?"

He sighed a bit. He did like the anonymity, but since he already had plans to move into the Avengers Tower after high school, he knew May would be safe if any villain tried to attack him. He also figured that there might be rumors with him living there anyway - he wasn't great at secrets.

Then he threw his bag at Ned and pressed the nanotech button that unlocked the suit Tony recently gifted him. Immediately, he was incased in new car smell. "Hello, Peter." Karen woke up when he put on the mask and he was patched in to the Avenger's communication line. "Want a ride down?" He reached out a hand to Steve, who took it as they both jumped from the broken window. He dropped Steve on the ground before swinging around the nearby monster and firing webs at its hands, feet, and eyes to confuse it and make it easy to take down. The battle finished in three hours. Peter's classmates spent the entire time making shocked remarks about Peter being a superhero.

Peter hadn't gotten to see his face before he swung off, but Flash conveyed a mix of confusion, humiliation, and jealousy. He was in denial for a bit, but watching Spiderman swing from buildings and take down aliens from his spot huddled in the corner made it very real. Peter really had an internship with Tony Stark? That 'internship' was working as a superhero? Flash thought back to all the times he'd fawned over Spiderman in front of Peter and the lies about him being close friends with Spiderman. He also remembers all the shitty things he's said and done to Peter. Jesus, anytime he'd gotten physical with Peter, Peter could've literally killed him like it was nothing. He'd seen the videos of Spiderman throwing an entire bus.

Ned was watching the battle with adoration all over his expression. He clutched Peter's backpack tightly like it was the most precious thing he'd ever seen. When he picked up the phone and it was Peter, he put it on speaker to be able to hear through the explosions and gave directions from his vantage point. "Thanks, I can always count on you with this stuff." Peter added. Now Ned was getting jealous stares, but he was too giddy to notice.

The group was standing around waiting for the all clear to leave the building when Spiderman swung back in through the window. He pulled his mask off and walked to Ned for his bag. He smiled and said softly, "That was awesome right?" Ned nodded enthusiastically and smiled back.

There were engine noises and Ironman was now in the museum.Tony undid the armor and approached Peter. "Hey, kid. I thought you wanted to keep the identity a secret till college or afterwards. Also, I know you have 'enhanced healing' but you can't just leave after a fight. I'll have Bruce check you out for injuries. And, I'm going to need your help with repairs to the suit."

"Well Steve spilled the beans on that one. You can't blame me for that. If anything, it was your fault for not telling him that it was a secret."

Tony shot him an angry glare, but it quickly faded into resignation. It kinda was his fault.

"Be at the tower in no more than an hour, got it?"

Peter nodded before turned back to Ned. "Do you wanna sleepover and watch some TV or something after I do that? I'm kinda beat."

When Peter saw Ned's starstruck gaze, it finally hit him. He had revealed his identity. He fought with the Avengers. Tony freaking Stark had talked to him in front of his classmates. His classmates were all here. The adrenaline had muddled his brain for a while, but now he clearly understood the situation, and it didn't suck. "If you want to come with me to the tower, I could probably sneak you in." Peter added in a hushed whisper so others wouldn't ask for the same privileges.

"So..." He struggled with the right words. "You might've seen me before. I'm your friendly neighborhood Spiderman and also your classmate Peter Parker. I'm an intern for Tony Stark."