Chapter 9

"What's going on here," All three heads including my own turn to look at the entrance of the room where  Andrea, was standing. He was dressed in his usual suit with his laptop case hanging from his shoulders. 

  Jules and I looked at each other but remained silent so Daniel spoke up, "She was having some contractions so she called Jules...I mean Mr. Joris to help."

  Andrea turned slightly to  look at me and he did so with sadness in his eyes and a frown, "Why didn't you call me?"

  I remained silent.  Didn't have a valid reason to call him, we weren't talking and I wasn't having contractions. I just said that so Jules could come, this was all apart of my plan to get him and Daniel together. 

 Jule shook his head and started to slowly stand, he looked at me and smile, "I'll talk to you later." he bent and place a kiss on my cheek. He looked briefly at Daniel before turning around. 

  Andrea moved his eyes from me and looked at Jules, "Why didn't you call me." Jules remained silent so Andrea sighed, "Can we talk?"

  "We have nothing to talk about." Jules walked pass him with his head held straight. Jules still hasn't forgiven him. His attitude makes me wonder if he ever will. I didn't want to be the reason why their friendship was ruined, but I am and it kills me. 

  Andrea turned to look at me again then closed his eyes and when he opened I could see the hurt. He looked at Daniel, silently telling her to leave.

    I had to act quickly so my eyes shift to my brother who was almost at the door,  "Wait! Jules stop!" Jules turned around at my voice, I looked over at Daniel, "You have to give Daniel a drive home," I gave her a small smile. "You can go, I'll be okay."

  She smiles nervously, "Okay. I'll see you tomorrow." She stood from the couch, she gave Andrea a nod before joining Jules at the door. They exit the apartment together leaving me and my husband alone. 

  Andrea walked over to me then took a seat beside me.  "I'm not angry that you called your brother but I'm angry that you didn't call me first or the fact that you didn't call me at all. This is my baby Jaimee, our baby. Not Jules and definitely not Daniel, so why are they the first person you turn to." He placed his hands on mine, "I know you're still angry about the way we got married but I had to do what I had to do. Now It's your time to forgive me and move on." he slid off his seat and came in front of me. He placed his hands on my tummy, "We made this baby together." He rests his head on my belly and closed his eyes. 

  I looked down at him with tears in my eyes. How can I be angry with him when he cares so much? How can I love him so much yet hate him just as much?

  He lifted his head laughing, "She just kicked. She kicked me." He looked and smile then back at my belly, "You're going to be a bad girl, aren't you. A fighter like your daddy."

   She kicked again and he laughed. He placed his hands on my belly to feel her movements. Then he looked at me, "How could you have denied me this for eight months?" I could hear the sadness in his voice and guilt consumed me and I couldn't hold the tears in anymore. "This happiness, this love, this bond."He lifted his hands and wiped my tears then he cupped my face, "I'm not trying to make you feel bad. I'm just sad that I wasn't apart of her life from the start. I'm sad that I didn't get to develop a bond between me and her before she arrives. What if she doesn't know me."

  I shook my head at him, "She'll know you. She already knows you. Why did you think she kicked?"

He smiled, "Because that's what eight months old unborn babies do."

  I shook my head, "She wasn't kicking when Jules and Daniel were here, but she did when you rest your head on my tummy. She knows you."

   He rubbed his hands gently across my face. The smile from his face was gone, "Your brother isn't talking to me. I don't think he'll ever talk to me again. I understand why he won't too. I've lost my best friend." he took a deep breath, "I don't want to lose you too. You're my wife. I know the circumstances that brought us together is not the best of best but I'm trying my best and I want you to try too. Try and forget what happened in the past, let's focus on our future. This baby will be here in a few weeks, she doesn't need two parents who aren't communicating. Please forgive me so we can move on. We could be great together if you just let go of the past."

  "Okay," I whispered. "I'll forgive you for what you said and saying you'll take the baby away but I will not forgive you for that lame wedding."

He smiled, "For what it's worth, I won't forgive myself for that wedding either. It was terrible." 

I smiled, "At least we agree on something."

He reached for my hands, "Friends?"

  His contagious smile always had a way of making me weak, so I gave in almost immediately  "Friends."

"Husband and wife?"

  My heart jumped a little, I could tell it was ready to betray me but I wasn't going to let that happened. As much as I wanted things to be normal between Andre and me weren't at husband and wife stage yet. 

"Ask me in two months."

He nodded, "That seems fair."

  "It is." I knew it wouldn't take two months for me to figure out whether I want this marriage or not. I did, it's beeing something I've dreamt about hundreds of time but not in these circumstances. Maybe in two months, he'll realize that he made a foolish decision when he decided to marry me for a baby. Maybe I'll be happy in two months, maybe he'll be in love with me by then, maybe. 

  "Since we're friends now. I think you should know that we're having dinner tonight with my parents." he words were said fast yet so smooth and yet  I didn't miss the anxiety in his voice. 

"Your parents?"

He nodded, "Yes, my parents. They're in town for the week and so I suggested dinner."

"You suggested dinner?"

"Yes, they're my parents. I have to tell them that I'm married and expecting a baby. I can't keep us a secret. They would have found out anyway. Better sooner than later."

    I always loved his parents. They became my second parents when mines died yet the thought of seeing them like this scared me.  The thought of them seeing my big belly that had their grandbaby inside scared me. They were always nice to me, but that was when I was his best friend's little sister and now I'm his wife. Two different titles. What if they didn't their child to marry an American girl? 

   He smiled, "You can stop thinking about the worst scenarios. They know you already. It's better this way believe me. They know you so they'll be happy."

"What exactly did you tell your parents?"

"I told them that I have something important to tell them," he stated simply.

"That's all?" he nodded in response, "So you didn't tell them about me or my situation."

  He shook his head, "No. I would never break such important news to my parents over the phone. Have you not met my mother?" I smiled at his words because I knew excatly what she's like. A drama-queen would be an understatement to describe her but she meant well. 

  "Are they coming here or are we meeting them at a restuarant?" Please don't say restuarant, please don't say restuarant. 

"A restaurant. "

  I bent my head and sighed. The last time I had dinner with the Moretti in a restuarant Andrea's younger brother, Alessio told them he wanted to travel the world. Sofia, Andrea's mother, started crying about her children leaving her and not remembering her in her old age. Let's just say it drew attention to the table. 

"It won't be that bad," he muttered. I looked at him and give him a look that said 'really'. I know exactly it's going to be. 

"She loves you. It's going to be fine."

    I rolled my eyes, "Are you forgetting your mother is die-hard Catholic who doesn't believe or support premarital sex. How are we going to explain my pregnancy?" About ten years ago, Sofia gave me a talk about premarital sex. It is was awful and I couldn't look her in the eyes for two months. I went home and told my mother and she laughed then me if I didn't listen she'll let Sofia deal with me. Of course, I listened to Sofia and I didn't lose my virginity until ten years later with her son. 

He shrugged "We're married now."

"Explain that to your mother."

........................

My mother is a gossip queen, what's yours like?

Thanks for reading. Please read, vote and comment. (They make me smile)