Chapter 12

"She's beautiful, so perfect," Andrea said looking down at our baby girl after the nurse brought her back, wrapped tightly in a blanket. 

"She's so tiny," I whispered. After seeing how big my belly has been for the past eight months and a half, I'd she be so much bigger. 

    The nurse laughed softly at the edge of the bed, our eyes went to her, she smiled, "Mr and Mrs Moretti, you're baby isn't tiny at all in fact she's eight pounds and ten ounces. She's the biggest since the week started."

    "Andrea looked down at our daughter and smile, "Do you hear that? You're the winner of the week." he looked down at her in awe. "She's so beautiful." he looked down at me and smile, "Like her mommy." I blushed and turn my attention to nurses who were cleaning up the room. I know they heard what Andrea said because they had grins on their faces. "Do you want to hold her?"

I nod my head and pushed out my arms.  Andrea leaned over and placed her in my arms. I held her tightly as I looked down at her, Andrea was right, she is beautiful. I felt a surge of love, warmth and fifty other emotions run through me. 

I'm a mother. 

I have a baby.

I have a husband. 

  I'm a wife and a mother. Ask me a year ago what I'd be doing today and I'll tell you writing lesson plans. 

   I've never thought I could be so happy. For months I was worried about the pregnancy. I got sick a few times I drove me crazy thinking it was serious and then came the pushing part. That was probably the most pain I've felt in my life. Constipation wouldn't understand what the pain felt like to push. But all that didn't matter anymore because as I looked down at the baby we produced I couldn't be happier. It's amazing how something so small can just capture my heart without even trying. 

   I look up at Andre but his eyes were glued onto our baby. It was rare for me to understand what Andrea was thinking about but not today. Today I could ever emotions that showed on his face. He is as in love with our baby as I am.  It made me realize that no matter what happened between Andrea and I everything will fine because she'll always have a father who loves her unconditionally. 

  "Grazie, amore." I lift my head and locked eyes with Andrea. He was giving me a similar look to the one he was giving our baby. He smiled, "Thank you for giving me such a beautiful daughter." As I return his smile, he bent his head and captured in lips with his. The kiss was soft and beautiful so much as the kiss early this week. As he pulled away we looked into each other's eyes with smiles on our faces. 

"What do you want to name her?" he questioned looking down at the baby again.

I smiled and brushed my hands through soft curly hair, "I don't know, why don't you name here."

   He smiled at me, "We can call her Giuliana, after Jules. It's Juliana in English. I think he deserves this, for bringing us together. I doubt he'll ever talk to me again though." As he spoke about my brother I could hear the sadness in his voice and it made m feel guilty knowing that I came between eighteen years of friendship. "You can finish naming her."

   I gave him a sad smile, "Jules will forgive you, he just needs time." I look down at Giuliana one more time, "Guiliana Andriana Moretti." I look at up at Andrea waiting to see his response. He was grinning. 

"You're naming her after me?" he questioned. 

I nod, "Yes, you're her papa and Andrianna is a beautiful name."

  He nod, "It is. A beautiful name for a beautiful baby." he smiled at me, "Grazie, amore. Thank you for.." he was interrupted by a knocking on the doctor. Our eyes went to the door and we recognized the tall figure, "Come in."