Chapter 13

The loud cry of Giuliana woke me up. I with my eyes closed I slowly stood up from the bed only for a hand to hold me back. "It's okay, you should rest" Andrea whispered. I reluctantly feel back down, knowing he wouldn't let me up even if I had the strength. He's been waking up every hour just to check on her even though he works during the day.  I have no idea where he gets the strength from because she's twice as much work in the night. 

  I felt as Andrea pulled out of bed to go to our daughter's room. In a minute Giuliana stopped crying and I fell right back asleep. 

.....

  I yawned and rub my eyes as I make my way to the living room. As I enter my eyes landed on a shirtless Andrea and in his arms is our sleeping baby. I smiled and walked over to the two. I kissed Giuliana head. "Good morning."

"Don't I get a kiss too?" I lean back and look at Andrea who had a smirk on his face. 

I tipped on my toes and gave him a quick peck on his lips. "Good morning."

He pouted, "Is that all I get?"

I shrug, "I haven't brushed my teeth yet."

"Then go brush it," he said with his moving in direction of the bathroom. 

  "You know I hate brushing my teeth before I eat." It was weird but why brush your teeth before you eat only to have it get dirty again? Why not do it all at once? No dentist would agree with me but meh!

He raised his eyebrows then nod, "How could I forget?"

I shrug and look down at the baby in his arms, "You didn't come back to bed this morning."

  Andrea looked down at the baby and smiled, "She was keeping me busy. She actually fell asleep about ten minutes ago."

I looked at him and frowned, "Why didn't you wake me up? I would have taken care of her."

  He lifted his head and looked at me, "I know but you look so tired last night and I thought you might appreciate some sleep."

  I frown at him, "You have to work.  Important clients to go see, court to go and other stuff that lawyers do."

  He smiled, "I haven't been to court in years. I'm a business lawyer. I get paid to keep my clients out of court. Everything I do I can do it from home, if not I get Marlon, my new assistance or Shane my paralegal to do it." he paused and looked me in the eyes, "I'm not needed in the office, I'm needed here with my wife and our two weeks old baby."

   My heart rate increased, something that every time he did or say something remotely sweet. I quickly brushed it off and looked at him. "I'm just worried about you."

  He smiled, "That's sweet but you don't have to worry about me and my job. I have enough money to last us a lifetime or two."

"I am not worried about money."

  He grinned, "I know. I just want you to know that not going to work is not going to affect us in any way. In fact, it's good. We get to spend time with our baby, together." he looked in my eyes seriously, "I want this relationship to work, Jaimee. I've known you for eighteen years and I know we'll make a great couple if you just give us a try. I'm not forcing you or anything, I  still have a few more weeks to prove that to you." If only he would say 'I love you' then we wouldn't have to wait a few more weeks. 

  I want nothing more than to tell him how much I adored him but it was too early in our relationship and I'm afraid to do it without knowing how he feels in return.

I looked into his eyes and smile, "What do you want for breakfast?" 

  "I'll make breakfast. You can go put her down." he lifted Giuliana lightly off his shoulders and placed her in my hands. I placed one hand on her bottom and one on her back. "Good?" I nod and he stepped away.