XXV. RANDALL

REMMI WAS OUTSIDE WITH the group who was leaving to find Rick, Glenn and Andrew. She watched as they piled guns into the trunk and she sighed.

She prayed none of them ended up like Otis.

"You're gonna be careful right?" Remmi whispered to Daryl.

"Always careful," He told her to which she nodded.

"Keep an eye out too. I don't trust him," Remmi told Daryl, looking at Shane.

Daryl nodded, "I don't think most of us do, 'cept Andrea. God knows why," He told her.

"Alright, well—" Remmi was cut off by the roar of an engine being heard from far down the dirt road.

They made it back. Remmi ran up the house, excited to see her brother as the car pulled up.

"Are you stupid?" She asked him as she smacked his head and gave him a hug.

Andrew just laughed and let go, running up to his wife who was walking down the brick steps.

"How are you my favorite girls?" He asked playfully.

"I'm still here Andy," Remmi laughed as the little family hugged each other right.

"You ready Doctor?" Hershel asked as he walked up the house.

"For?"

"Patricia, prepare the shed for surgery," He called out. "You told me you missed big surgeries. Here ya go." Hershel told her as he went to get cleaned up. Remmi didn't ask questions, just followed him inside to clean up herself.

Remmi was drying her hands along with Hershel as the two walked into the dining room. Her gaze met with Daryl's immediately and he gave her a small smile to which she returned.

"We repaired his calf muscle as best as we could with what we have," Remmi sighed as she announced it to the group.

Hershel then said, "He'll probably have nerve damage. Won't be on his feet for at least a week,"

"When he is, we'll give him a canteen and send him on his way," Rick told them.

"Just gonna let him go?"

"Yeah," Remmi answered. "That's the best option."

"But that's the same as leaving him for the Walkers," Andrea commented.

"He'll have a fighting chance though," Rick replied.

The small comment caused a dispute between Shane and Rick. Shane argued that they would be looking for him.

"They left him for dead. Those guys he was with, they're done with him," Andrew intervened to which Shane just shook his head.

T-Dog sighed. "We should still post a guard,"

"He'll be out cold for hours," Hershel mentioned.