Forty Four

Elly grabs the Henny bottle from Cesar, in the backseat laughing. "Nah nah! She was fucking like..mixed or some shit".

Cesar shakes his head, "This what we do? We fuck pretty bitches on the first day?"

Elly shrugs, "Yo. When I'm hungry I'm hungry".

Bruno pulls up to their grandmas house. "Aight y'all. Water. We gotta go in for cake".

Elly rolls her eyes, grabbing her water bottle and chugging some. She gets out the seat, and waits for her cousins. "Let's get this shit ova with".

They all walk in together, some traditional Dominican music playing. Elly leads the way, making the way to a table in the back of the kitchen.

Bruno and Cesar sit down when Jason walks over. "Hey. Didn't think ya would actually show".

Elly chuckles and fixes her hoodie strings. "What're they doing know?"

"They're about to cut the cake. After that it's whatever..do what ya want at the party".

"Aight".

**
Elly's grandma walks over, sitting down next to Elly. Bruno and Cesar had gone out to grab something for the party.

Her grandma takes her earbud out, smiling. "How come you're not with everyone else?"

"Think ya know why".

"Your mom wants you. Said she needs to talk".

Elly nods, "I'd rather not..but why not get this shit ova with now?" Elly gets up and walks to her mom.

Before Elly reaches the kitchen, she hears her mom talking to her aunties about her. "Absolutely nasty! W-why would you ever think that".

"I'm saying! Girls like girls? I mean come on..that's made up..and the whole 'i dress like this cause im uncomfortable' girl please".

Her aunties and her mom laughs and she takes that as a window to enter the kitchen. She looks at her mom, crossing her arms.

"You wanted to talk to me? Or..Talk shit about me..Which-fucking-ever?".

Ms.Guerra sighs and nods. "Yes. I wanted to ask why you changed your clothes when I told you to wear them".

"You ain't say during the party? And you neva said I couldn't change..".

"I made it pretty damn clear if what I wanted you to do. You always do this. You always go behind my back and change your clothes".

"Mhm, mom. Okay. Cause it's your fucking body and the clothes I wear matter so much..so much that you love talking shit with your fucking sisters! My fucking Tía's!"

"Watch your mouth".

"No..why the fuck should I care when all ya fufu ass people wanna talk about me? Huh? Huh? Please let me fucking know and then maybe I'll shut mouth".

Elly's Tía, by the name of Katalina grabs Elly, "You need to calm down".

Elly yanks her arm away, rolling her eyes, "Is that all you have for me? You can go back to ya shit talking".

Ms.Guerra shakes her head and walks away. Elly grabs her bag and walks out the front door.

She goes over to her and her cousins chill spot. She sits down, putting her head in her hands. She starts to cry, but looks up, punching the ground.

"Nu-uh, Elenor. Don't be a pussy".  She tells her self repeatedly. She shakes her head, looking down at her hands before crying. "Fuck".

She grabs the lighter out her bag, before grabbing a blunt. She places it in-between her lips, lighting it. She grabs her phone, calling her dad.

"Hey, honey. What's up?"

Elly chuckles, "That lines getting old, huh?"

Her dad chuckles as well, "You okay? You got changed?"

"Mhm. She's pretty pissed about that". Elly inhales the smoke, scratching her arm.

"Yeah. She texted me. I'm gonna pretend like I'm sleep though. Anyways.. Everything going okay over there. You know, aside from that?"

"Well she was talking shit about me to her sisters. They act like I can't hear them".

"I'm sorry, honey. I would come get you bu-".

"You wouldn't hear the end of it from mom..I know dad..Also your in Brooklyn, that would be insane".

"I know, baby. I just don't like hearing your own family bring you down. It's disgusting".

"Hm.. I'm used to it". Elly props her phone of her face with her shoulder, lighting the blunt again.

"I know..You just.. Shouldn't be".

"Yeah..Well I gotta go. They want everyone inside for the cake. I got Bruno and Cesar with me".

"Tell them I said 'hi' and make sure Bruno remembers we gotta 1v1 to play".

"Oo. I can't wait for the new season. I haven't played in so long".

"Yup. And I'm getting you nee basketball shoes".

Bruno walks over, "Yo, Elly! They want everyone inside! rápidamente, grandma is impatient".

"I gotta go, dad. I love you".

"I love you too, darling. Text me if anything happens".

"Okay. Bye". Elly stomps on the blunt, genuinely confused on how she finished so much in so little time. She walks next to bruno, looking at him.

"Can you tell?"

Bruno looks and shakes his head, "Not really. You started without us?"

"Long story".

**
Elly grabs the Henny bottle, chugging from it. Bruno walks over, grabbing it. "Slow your roll, Guerra".

Elly wipes her mother, "I fucking hate this family".

Cesar sits next to her, putting his and around her. "We're gonna go talk to them. Don't worry".

Elly shrugs her shoulders. "It's not like I fucking hurt anyone..I just fucking like what I like..I can't fucking control it".

Cesar nods, "I know..I know".

Elly shakes her head and lights the blunt. She laughs and takes a drag. "What am I kidding".

Elly passes the blunt to Cesar, scratching her hair. "I wanna go home..I want my papá".

Cesar rubs up and down Elly's arm. Bruno sits in front of her and nods. "When you seeing him again?"

Elly wipes her nose, shrugging. "If I get on the basketball team I want him to come to my first game..but he has work and shit".

Eva and Jason walk over, to hopefully comfort their baby sister. Eva nods and walks over. Cesar passes the blunt back to Elly before standing up and nodding at them. Bruno and Cesar walk away into the house.

Jason smiles, "Hey, sis".

Elly looks up, blowing the smoke out her mouth and wiping her eyes. "Hey".

Eva takes Bruno's spot, smiling. Elly places the blunt in her mouth, lighting it. "Mom talk to ya?"

Jason nods, "Ignored her. She's stupid".

Elly chuckles and Eva turns away. Elly looks down at her hand, "Fuck. Do I needa put this out?"

Eva shakes her head, "No you're good. Just don't wanna get second hand high. Drug test".

Elly smudges the lit end to put it out. "It was almost out, anyways".

Eva smiles and nods, "How ya doing?"

Elly shrugs, wiping her nose. She grabs the Henny bottle and shrugs again. "Mom hates me"

Jason shakes his head, "Don't say that".

"It's true. She does. What mother talks about her daughter? S-she's humiliates me..I can't.. fuck". Elly brings the bottle up to her lips.

Jason looks over at Eva, frowning. Elly plays with the strings in her hoodie. "I miss papá".

**