XXVII. CRAZY TOWN (PART 1)

REMMI SAT IN HER chair by another fire. The group of women with her. She drank the orange soda she had, trying to savor every moment. Dale had been in the RV since sunset. The group kept agonizing a gunshot to be heard.

But it never came.

"We're keeping him in custody," Rick announced as him and Carl walked up.

"I'll go find Dale," Andrea smiled.

"I'll come with," Remmi announced and followed after the woman.

The two of them put whatever bad blood was behind them because of Dale. In this moment, they knew he'd be happiest.

"Where is he?" Andrea asked.

"Is he not in the RV?" Remmi retorted.

"Nope. Maybe the field?"

"Maybe," The two went on their way to check until they heard a scream. The two ran as fast as they could towards the open field.

"Dale!" Andrea yelled.

But he kept screaming.

"Help! Over here!" Daryl yelled.

When the rest of them arrived, Rick asked Remmi what they could do.

"We... We can't do anything. He-He's too exposed and we can't move him, he won't make it," She cried. Tears streaming down her face.

She looked down and saw how in pain he was. It just made her cry harder.

"Do something!" Andrea sobbed.

Remmi cried into Andrew's shoulder as he held her back from the sight.

"Sorry brother," Daryl spoke before letting off the gun he took from Rick.

She couldn't believe it. Dale was gone. The only man who was on her side. He was gone.

The world had made it obvious that they only take the best people. The most honest. The one's who stand up for what they believe in.

And that's exactly what the ugly and cruel world did to Dale.

The next morning, after Dale's funeral, everyone had packed their things and began to move into the house.

"Stay warm, alright? Don't need you gettin' sick on me," Daryl told her and kissed her forehead before they headed their separate ways.

Remmi adjusted her hat that sat on her head and grabbed a bin.

Ellie and Andrea walked with her, asking her what they should name the baby.

"I liked Naomi," Remmi answered. "But I like Addison too." Those were the two names they picked out. Andrew got one and so did Ellie, but they couldn't agree. It was the same with Matthew, it was between Matthew and Luke for the longest time.

Andrew got his way and they named him Matthew.

"Shouldn't I get my way this time?" Ellie argued.