Chapter 35

Six months later...

Venessa's P.O.V

It's officially six months of my marriage with Vincent and life could not get any better for me. Vincent is the best husband anyone can ask for. Every single day, he never failed to put a smile on my face.

These last few months are the best days of my life, things are going great and I could not ask for more. But while I'm living the best of my life, Mario however is getting weak day by day and I can't help but feel worried. He's like a father to me. I lost my actual father and I don't think I'm ready to lose him too.

Getting up from my sleeping form, I searched for my dear husband but the room got no sign of him and his side of the bed is cold. These last few days, he barely comes home, he spends most of his time working in his office or in his study. He sleeps less and doesn't eat his meals on time. As currently, there's some problem with his mafia and on the company, I'm not sure, but that's what from what I heard from their conversations.

Vincent prefers to keep me out of their conversations especially if they're talking about the mafia but like a curious little cat I am, I sometimes sneak to listen as I really hate being kept in the dark and whenever ask Vincent about it he would switch into another topic or he would kiss me to shut me up.

Too caught up with my own thoughts, I failed to notice the roses sitting at the bedside table earlier. Picking the six pieces of rose, I read the note attached, written by Vincent.

'' Happy six marriage monthsary, my Rosa. You're the best thing that ever happened to me. I love you'', the note says with his signature at the bottom.

I can't help but smile at his sweet gesture. Every month he gives me roses and note, it's not much but it means a lot to me.

Marching towards the bathroom, I stripped out of my nightclothes and headed towards the shower. After showering, I quickly dressed up and proceeded to the kitchen.

As I sat at one stool, the phone in my hand rang, making me jump. A grin formed on my face as I picked up the call, not bothering to look at the caller id, knowing it would be Vincent.

"Hello, hubby." I cheered, pouring cereal at the bowl in front of me. "Hello, Venessa" replied the person on the other hand making me almost drop my phone.

Why is he calling me after all these days?.

"How did you get my number, Andrew?" I questioned, not being able to control the sudden change in my voice while tightening the grip on my phone as I can't help but recall the day how insulted me by calling me names. He bruised my pride and self-respect, and to this day I still can't help but think whether I was ever a friend to him but despite his insults, deep inside I still consider him as my friend, a friend that was with me through my better and worse times. But what happened to him suddenly? To that, I got no answer.

"I got your number from Mario, Nessa. I want to make things right with you, how about we talk and grab coffee" he added, making me think twice.

Maybe I should go, after all. Past is past and there's no use of dwelling on it as there's nothing can be done now.

"Ok, let me know where we'll meet," I mumbled, playing with the cereal bowl in front of me, as I can't help but feel anxious.

*****

Driving towards the cafe we used to go to everyday to hang out while working at Mario's, I can't help but fidget with my dress. I'm meeting him after so long, would things be the same between us?, am I really ready to forget what he did?. Thoughts ran inside my head that I didn't even realize that we reached.

Chris, my appointed driver stopped in front of the cafe while looking at me through the mirror, begging me silently to let Vincent know that I'm meeting up with Andrew but as much I want to, I can't. He already got enough on his plate and it will be too selfish of me to add more and worry him further.

"Don't worry, Chris. Vincent won't even know about this. So chill" I assured him, climbing out of the car, but not before shooting a smile at Chris and thanking him.

Chris has been with me since the very first day, he's in his fifties and kind. Vincent appointed him as my driver so that I can go wherever I want, even if he happens to not home, to drive me.

Advancing towards the door, my heart pounded inside my chest, too excited to meet up with my best friend but at the same time terrified.

Pushing, the door opened. The first thing that welcomed me was the freshly brewed coffee that made me relax slightly.

Looking around for a dirty blonde guy, my feet voluntarily took me to the direction of the table we used to always sit, hoping to see him there.

How are you guys finding the story so far. Let me know.

Until then....