Epilogue

The moon shines more blue than the stars tonight

The sky turns purple when we dance here

This is the moment, this is the part where you have to break my heart

I like the pain, in your eyes when I say we have crooked hearts darling

The hope that kills me, for forever that lingers in your eyes

Though we were on borrowed time

We hoped we would last for eternity

The water is above our heads, and we can sleep in the beds we made on our own

The moon is hiding behind the clouds,now

We are now strangers, holding strange pieces of our past

The moon shines more blue than the stars tonight

I read through the words, every single arrangement there brought tears into my eyes. My hand that rested on the piece of paper, trailed to the date of the day it was written. It was some time in August, a tear fell onto the page only to disappear into the paper.

I felt lips on the side of my cheek and later him nuzzling his head into my neck. I heard him mumble "I didn't show this to you, so that you would cry, Fireheart" I pulled away and held his face into my hands.

I wanted to scream in top of my lungs, cry to the sky wishing that I could erase the hurt him and I brought on each other. Even in this dark lit room, I kept my voice as low as a whisper. I didn't want that certain someone in the room to wake up.

"I wish that I could erase the pain I've caused you, Rhys" I cried. He took me into his arms, let me rest my head on his chest, right next to his beating heart.
Rhys had shown me the diary that he wrote when I was gone, out of his life.

There were poems, prose, essays, paragraphs of him talking about me, talking to me through those words though he thought that we will never get to be in my life again.

"I don't want to erase that pain" he said after a while "I don't want that past erased because that's what makes our love so strong. You and I , we are in this love. Together" his arms tightened around me.

He let out a sigh and looked at the other side of the room, where small snores could be heard.

With tears in his eyes, he spoke "There are hardships that everyone has to pass to get what we want. We both have gotten what we wanted. And I for a fact, will never ever let this go. Let you two go, nothing can ever bring me to trade you two for happiness. Because I've got everything I want, my happiness is right here. In the walls of this house. You and Ridge are my world and I will protect my world for as long as I can. For better or for worse" I giggled and kissed him.

Later, I whispered.

"For better, for worse"