𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇

ADA'S WEDDING

     STARING DOWN AT the letter that was laid out on her kitchen table, Deborah struggled to bring herself to read it

     STARING DOWN AT the letter that was laid out on her kitchen table, Deborah struggled to bring herself to read it. It was the same letter she had lied to Polly about, but she had no choice - no one could ever know about it or the person who sent it. It was the first letter in almost a year, after she never replied to the previous one. This time, however, something was urging her to finally read it.

"Deb!"

The sound of Ada's yelling and the front door opening, frightened Deborah and she scrambled to fold up the letter and shove it in a random drawer. She definitely wasn't expecting company, especially since Ada had moved out to live with Freddie in some communist hideout.

Deborah took a deep breath, before turning towards the kitchen door. "In here Ada!" She called.

The brunette almost collapsed at the sight of her best friend, dressed head to toe in white. Ada Shelby was standing in her kitchen, in a wedding dress, vail and all. Deborah could barely make out the slight bump on her stomach, she must be over a month now.

"Jesus Christ Ada." Deborah exclaimed. "Where the hell are you off to?"

Ada grinned and rushed over to her best friend. "I'm getting married Deb." She squealed, jumping in place.

"Now?" Deborah gasped as the words sunk in. "Are you bloody mad? Tommy will have your husbands head when he finds out."

"I don't care." Ada huffed, crossing her arms. "I'm getting married to Freddie and I want you, as my best fiend and made of honour, by my side."

While her head was telling her to try convince Ada what a terrible mistake this all was, her heart was fluttering at the thought of her best friend marrying the love of her life. It was exactly what Deborah had wanted, but she knew if she couldn't have it, she sure as hell wanted her friend to.

"Alright." Deborah nodded her head with a grin. "Lets get you married."

Ada didn't need to be told twice. She grabbed Deborah's hand and the two ran together out of the house and down the streets of Small Heath. Deborah giggled as she clutched her friends hand and warned her to slow down but the two were unbelievably excited.

"Ada, what the hell?" Freddie Thorne exclaimed when his fiancée ran into his arms.

"I had to run cause I was running late trying to get this one out of the house." Ada laughed, gesturing to a breathless Deborah, who waved to Freddie .

Freddie turned to his fiancé's friend and eyed her. "Are you mad bring her here?"

"Deb was not going to miss out on seeing me marry the love of my life." Ada snapped.

"I love you." Freddie whispered and pulled her in for a kiss.

"I love you too, both of you." Ada looked at both people around her. "The more they try to stop us, the madder I'll be."