17.) First Dates

My body racked with nerves as I went down the flight of stairs towards the living room. I made my way into the living room and Kale was standing near the door, watching me with intense eyes.

“You look amazing.” He breathed as I approached him.

“Really?” I squeaked. “I personally think it’s a bit much. I mean, the gold and such but Andy just kind of took control and she made me take this purse which is like, worth more than this whole planet. And I’m kind of freaking out because these ear rings could buy a new house if I needed it. Maybe I’m exaggerating just a little bit, but it’s still scary. You look amazing too. Or handsome. I don’t really know the terminology for a guy. I think amazing is suiting.”

I trailed off when I realized that I was rambling and Kale was looking at me with an amused smile.

“We should, uh, go.” I said quietly.

He nodded and slipped a hand around my waist, leading me through the door. “Sure.”

He was wearing a nice black suit, he looked amazing. Absolutely and incredibly amazing. Hot, too. Really hot.

We walked outside with my heels clacking against the sidewalk loudly and Kale’s arm snaked around my waist. I noticed that we were taking a limo like the one I rode around in with Andy and I smiled.

“A limo?”

He smiled sheepishly. “Yeah. Do you like it?”

The driver was at the back door and he opened it with a nod of his head, waiting for us to get inside. I grinned and thanked the driver before sliding onto the leather seats with Kale beside me. “I love it.”

“Good.” He said lightly, kissing my cheek and causing me to let out a light giggle. “I’m sorry about Andy, by the way. She can be a bit… dramatic.”

“Don’t be.” I said reassuringly. “It was fun, it felt nice to actually be around a girl.”

He smiled at me which made my insides melt. “I’m glad you had fun.”

“So what’d you do all day?” I asked him as I slipped my hand into his so that we were holding hands as we drove down the road to the mysterious place of this date.

“I was at Isaac’s.”

“Are you guys close?” I asked curiously.

He nodded. “Yeah. Brendon, Jarrod, Isaac and me, we’ve been friends since fifth grade and then Elle started hanging around in middle school when she started going out with Isaac.”

“That’s cute, that they’re still together.” I said.

Kale was about to say something, but the limo stopped and the driver quickly got out of the front seat. He moved to the door and swung it open for us to slide out.

“Ready?” Kale asked excitedly.

“Nervous.” I breathed as we got out. I thanked the driver and we walked towards a building. A huge building. It looked fancy and expensive and it was tall, like skyscraper tall. Well, I wouldn’t say that, but it stuck out along the other buildings in the area.

“Don’t be.” He said in my ear. A doorman opened the front door for us and I could see that we were in a restaurant. An extremely expensive restaurant. The lights were dim and the tables were dressed in dark red table cloths with tall lit candles dancing in the center. Little napkin origami shapes were placed on the center of each plate and everybody looked like they were ready to attend a red carpet event.

“Kale, it’s gorgeous.” I gasped.

“This isn’t it.” He chuckled, turning to the hostess. “Reservations for West.”