→ one | reticent

one | "you don't talk much, do you?"

     THE SILENCE BETWEEN THEM WAS DEAFENING

THE SILENCE BETWEEN THEM WAS DEAFENING. It was never easy to accompany someone that you disliked, let alone someone you hate. Mal's eyes stayed focused on Hayden as she felt the hatred growing inside her, the blue haired girl wasn't making it any easier on her either. She simply kept looking out of the window, as if she was bored. The simple fact only made the daughter of Maleficent angrier.

All of them had seen the fit Hayden threw just a few minutes ago, yet no one was interested in bringing it up - probably because they knew that if they brought it up, they'd have a way bigger problem than their parents' expectations of them stealing Fairy Godmother's wand.

Evie cleared her throat in an attempt to lift the silence from its awkwardness. She scooted over to Mal, grabbing her make up brush. "You're looking a little washed out. Let me help you." She told her purple haired best friend, bringing the brush up to her face.

Mal pulled herself back from Evie, giving her a look. "Stop, I'm plotting." She responded, her eyes quickly going back to Hayden to give her another glare. "Or at least I'm trying to." She added under her breath.

Hayden raised an eyebrow at Mal her subtle snide at her, simply giving the girl a look which seemed to be enough to make her shut up for now.

Another silence fell upon the five VK's. This one seemed to be even more uncomfortable than the last. Carlos had kept staring at Hayden in fear all the while they sat in the limo, his eyes darting between her and the strange looking candy in front of him. He cleared his throat and mustered up his courage and leaned forward, quickly sneaking a candy from the bowl.

"Oh!" He mumbled in surprise, tasting the candy on his tongue. All of his previous fears of the blue haired girl next to him seemed to wash away, it being replaced by happiness and excitement. "These! It's salty like nuts, but it's sweet like....I don't know what."

An unknowing smile formed on Hayden's lips, but it disappeared as quickly as it got there. Carlos reminded her of someone in that moment, and very briefly, she was happy.

"Let me see!" Jay said excitedly, reaching for another candy to try and taste whatever it was that made Carlos so happy.

Evie was about to speak up, noticing Hayden's brief mood change, but she was stopped by Carlos who let out a yell while pointing at the limo window. "Look!" He screamed when he saw the limo going straight for the water.

All four of them started to scream, them grabbing each other and pulling each other closer while they braced for impact. Hayden looked at them and bit her lip, keeping a straight face as she looked out of the window.

"It's a trap!" the son of Cruella de Vil shouted once more, pressing his friends tighter against him. He closed his eyes, ready to accept his fate but was quickly met by a wave of confusion when they seemed to be just fine after crossing the water. "Wha-What just happened?"