30 / closer

*trigger warning. read at your own risk*

Gently, my consciousness enclosed itself into reality. It was a pleasant feeling to be under vast darkness but a great force was trying to pull me out as the sting grew all over my physical existence.

Blinking my eyes a few times, I tried to get my vision back as the pain in my head burst like a firework. And eventually, all the recent events spread like a wildfire in my head, alarming my whole awareness. The wooden ceiling welcomed my eyes and there was this smell of newly-made leather furniture. I could feel the texture of the carpet on my palm as I tried to get myself up while holding my head with my other hand.

I blinked again to see a wall-sized dark art painting of a gothic woman staring down at me with her unforgiving eyes. Hilary would love this art. Although it was a creepy work, every detail was painted raw which upholds great authenticity.

"Uggh!" I groaned as my headache intensified and I just realized that I had a fresh bandage around my head.

"Finally! I thought you're not going to wake up," I heard my sister say and I immediately followed her voice.

Quinn stood up from the floor and my frown deepened when I saw Arisa beside her with a worried expression on her face.

She seemed to feel my confusion but didn't give any answer nonetheless. Arisa just trailed behind Quinn cautiously.

"Hey, are you okay?" Quinn asked, helping me up.

I made sure to check on her. My sister had a scratch on her right arm but she seemed to be fine. But I had to double-check that she wasn't bleeding inside or anywhere because any little movement could jeopardize her state. Her lack of sense was very risky because she was ignorant of all the kinds of physical pain.

"Are you?"

"She's okay. I already scanned all vital parts of her body if there's a wound or any bruises, " Arisa answered me with a nod, assuring me.

However, I was still confused about why she was here. "What happened? Where are we?"

"I don't know," Quinn answered with a deep frown. "After you fainted, I was trying to wake you up but those men went out of the Jeep and forced their way into the car. They made me inhale some drugs and then I was out."

My eyes turned to Arisa. "And how did you—"

"I followed you, guys," Arisa cut me off. "I witnessed all of it and I know it sounds stupid but I tried to stop them. But before that, I had managed to call the police."

"But why did you follow us?" I almost yelled because she shouldn't be here in the first place. Sh it! Everything was going to be my fault. Hilary wouldn't like it if she finds out that I have gotten Arisa involved with my own problem.

To my surprise, Arisa didn't retaliate as she sighed as if she was trying to calm herself down. "Because it's ridiculous that Quinn keeps on taking your side even though you're wrong in so many ways. And I couldn't believe that she broke up with me just like that. So there must be something going on which brought me to investigate what you were up to."

"For your information, you broke up with me," Quinn countered at her girlfriend. Technically, they were still together because it was just a childish fight of two immature people in a relationship.