The Trident

The pod was now close to the surface, close enough that you could make out the shapes of the grey clouds that were above, raining down on any civilian on the land that would be brave it. One sat upright and stiff in the captain's seat starring straight ahead in an unblinking state. Three, sitting next to him in the co-captains chair peered sideways at her superior, always wondering what he could be thinking.

"You must be prepared, Three" He said, calmly

"As always Superior, I will try my level best" Three replied

The two of them were on the last leg of a journey that had been totally marred by silence. They both did not like to attend the Hilltop but they both knew that they must. The Organisation will need updating and most likely will need to be cooled down as they had just lost an outpost that they had had no problems with for many, many years. The cooling down of the Organisation wasn't what they were uneasy about.

"Remember he may be your superior, but you have earned that seat. Make sure you show that." Said One, in a very rare tone of reassurance

"Uhm... Thank you, Superior" Three replied

"Don't thank me, don't show that weakness. Especially here, we have arrived"

The Pod breached the surface of the water and in front of the two organization members was a small beach with a small wooden walking path that went all the way up to the top of a very large Hilltop. One released the pressure switches and opened the Pod door. He stepped out first and sucked in a big elongated breath through his nose and then let the seaside air slowly creep out between his yellowed teeth.

"He's here..." One said, with a small frown

"He is always here" Three replied as she climbed out of the vessel

One started to stroll up the walking path with Three, as she always was, 2 strides behind him. For an individual who was of peak physical fitness like Three, she still would breath heavy when they reach the top of the Hilltop. Three was always amazed how One would never even rise in heartbeat from the steep climb. As they stepped onto the summit of the hilltop, One took a final look upon the beach, looking at the small pod he had just piloted for a few hours to get them here. Not exactly the luxurious vehicle he is used to.

He turned to Three, placing his spindly hand upon her shoulder and looking her dead in the eye. He inhaled slowly once again before he began to speak.

"They will try to make this as difficult as possible, any excuse to make our positions as unstable as you can imagine. Especially... him." One paused "We must stay strong. Stable in our stories and in each other. Understood?"

"Understood, Superior" Three replied

"Very well"

One stood back from Three and looked at his wrist to see his small, black but clearly quite refined timepiece. He pressed in the face and a small pin like tip protrudes from the centre of the dials. He pushed his index finger down on the pin allowing the pin to pierce the flesh, he did not flinch. A small message appeared on the face of his timepiece that read "DNA Confirmed".

With a loud clunk, bang and metallic whizz, the floor began to sink, An elaborate disguise for an underground base. The Hilltop has been the HQ of the Organisation for many, many years and it had the most secrets to hide. As they slowly dropped through the lift shaft, One starred in the direction in which he would exit the shaft, once again unblinking. The lift lowered out to a platform within a circular room. Four organization members stood waiting, one with a tray holding some refreshments, two holding robes and one stood with his arms crossed behind his back. One walked off of the platform and headed directly for one of the individuals holding a robe, he grasped it in his hand, looked at it for a moment and then brandished it across himself, he looked over to the man who was holding nothing and gave him a short but unforgettable gaze.