9

Morgan was up at 5:45 on a Tuesday morning

Morgan was up at 5:45 on a Tuesday morning. It was finally the day of her graduation, a day she long anticipated since the day she graduated high school.

The ceremony wasn't scheduled until 1 P.M, but she, being the impatient girl she was, scheduled her NCLEX exam for the same morning. She had full faith in her ability and knowledge to pass so she figured she'd get it over with now, and not put it off. Although she'd have to wait six weeks for her results, she wanted that head start to jump into her field as soon as she could.

Julian dropped her off at the testing site, wishing her the best luck and giving her a tight hug. "I'm proud of you Nu, you did this shit with ease. I know you finna pass this hoe with flying colors," he told her.

"Thank you, best friend. It means the world honestly," she pouted slightly, giving him another hug before she rushed into the building, taking her seat and preparing for the test that would basically decide the pace of her future.

Two and a half hours later, Morgan strolled out of the site with a confident smirk on her face. She knew she had the test in the bag, and she was walking on cloud nine after finishing completely, being among the first three who completed the test in that time.

"Hey my smart bitch!" Kionni hollered from her car, waving wildly. Morgan jogged over to her with a grin on her face, gripping her friend up in a hug. "I knew you'd be done early, you intelligent hoe. Let's go get you dolled up for the big day!" Kionni sang, preparing to pamper her best friend all morning for her special day.

After a fresh full set, pedicure and facial at Euphoria, Kionni stood behind Morgan at her personal vanity, installing a side-parted black to blonde ombré wig in her head for a new look. It was now 10 A.M, and they girls had to be at the graduation location by 12:30, so time was of the essence. Her face was the last piece of her puzzle, and then all she had to do was put on her outfit.

Words couldn't express how overwhelmingly excited Morgan was for this day. She'd worked her ass off nonstop, just for this moment.

Sleepless nights, twelve hour double shifts, studying for hours, all of the tears and frustration was worth it just for this moment so she could walk across that stage and accomplish something. So she could be someone and do what she loved to do. She could be what she promised her dad she would be and achieve what she promised to her mother she would achieve, all because she worked, and that was a joy no one could steal from her.

"Okay, best, we gotta get this face beat," Kionni clapped excitedly after laying the wig flawlessly . She was always glad to glam her friends up in any way, and the occasion just made it more special.

Forty minutes later, it was nearly noon and Kionni sprayed the last bit of setting spray on Morgan's face, admiring her beauty that was only enhanced by the makeup. "You look gorgeous, sis, I'm so proud," she exclaimed, tearing up. She knew of all the hard work and sacrifice Morgan made to make it to this point and was so glad it had finally come.