39. Fight

Adonis»

"Where we going?"

Farrah had easily slipped us through the back door of the school, and we were now approaching a bus stop.

"Where would you like to go?"

"Anywhere you want." She said, as she held my hand.

"Maybe...somewhere..quiet?"

Usually when something would stress me out tremendously, I'd sit in my bathroom for a quiet space to breathe. Right now, any quiet place away from Toronto's noisy streets would be a close second.

"Hmm somewhere quiet. Maybe like a museum?"

"A museum? Wouldn't we have to pay?"

"Mondays are free, plus it's the morning..so like no one will be there."

A museum wasn't such a bad idea. I used to love going to museums with my dad when I was a kid, he knew that was my favorite place. My mom would take Eden to the amusement parks, playgrounds, etc, and I'd go to a science museum with my dad.

Farrah»

We'd road a short bus ride to the Museum I planned on us going to.

When we got off the bus, as we walked downtown, I did my best to make him feel better about what happened in class.

"And Crystal? She has no room to laugh, she's built like-"

"Farrah stop." Adonis laughed, smiling for the first time today.

"I'm just saying. Those people who laugh only make fun of you because they're insecure. I know your piece would've been amazing."

Soon, we approached the Science Centre, and Adonis stopped in his tracks.

"Farrah.."

"Yeah?"

"I- I love this place! I used to come here..with....my dad." He said smiling.

He didn't talk about his dad often, but when he did, his face would light up like no other time.

"Really? I love this place too Don." I said, opening the door for us.

When we came in, we were greeted by a man at the door. A man that was almost familiar.

"Oh no." Adonis mumbled.

"Good morning, welcome to the Ontario Science Ce- woah. A-Adonis? Shouldn't you be in school?"

"Well Micah..I uh..we're on a..field trip." Adonis said nervously.

He doesn't do well under pressure.

"Field trip? With...just this young lady?" The guy chuckled.

I now remembered, that was Don's mom's boyfriend, right?

"Yep, just us."

The guy clearly didn't believe him, but he didn't seem to care.

"Well, have a nice time I guess. Don't stress out, I won't tell your mom. I haven't exactly been in contact with her.."

Not a surprise.

Eden»

"Hey, Eden." Skylar said, stopping me in the hall.

"Uhh what's up?"

"Is Adonis okay?"

"Huh? Why do you ask?"

"Well he like freaked out this morning and left class." She said, with a bit of a chuckle.

"What's funny about that?"