CHAPTER 27

LUNA
When Jude was faking his heart attack, the intense commotion allowed me to slip out undetected and walk down to the castle basement. I walked down what must have been miles and miles of staircases, but I finally entered a long narrow hallway. I slowly made my way down, my high heels clicking quietly as I followed the corridor. I finally arrived at a large metal door with a password. Bingo. Jude had been right, there was a vault down here. He guessed that there was going to be money behind this door, or powerful weapons that we needed to destroy. 

I grabbed my small tablet from the carefully crafted hole in my stockings, I then took out the cable and plugged it into the port next to the keypad. I opened the link Jude had told me to open, a series of numbers appeared on the screen. It seemed to be cracking the code. Suddenly the keypad made a 'ding' sound and the door slowly opened. Was it really that easy? No, now I realised there was another  safe. This time it had eight keyholes, luckily I came prepared. Jude had placed two small water bottles under my dress too, I took out one of them. Using my powers I let the water float above my hand, before shaping it into a key. It took a couple of tries to actually get it to work, especially with eight locks I had to open. It must have taken at least ten minutes before the safe opened. 

I did not like what was inside. There was a huge purple stone that sat in the middle of the safe, it looked just like the amulet Harry wore around his neck. Except it was five times bigger. How the hell was I supposed to destroy this? I reached out to grab the stone, my hands shaking violently. I grabbed it placed into on of my stocking pockets and raced out of the basement. Unfortunately, I did not realise that I had set off the silent alarm. 

Odette

Harry was looming over the ballroom on an elevated stage at the end of the ballroom. He was shouting orders at his maids and workers, he was clearly very mad that all his guards in the ballroom were lying lifelessly on the floor. He sat down on his throne, and the room fell silent. This was it, my only chance at stopping him. He gestured for a girl holding a crown to step forward,  I can't believe he was just going to crown himself King of the Elves. 

I didn't wait for the ceremony to start, I shadow travelled so that I was behind Harry's throne. Without any hesitation, I tried to grab the amulet that sat around Harry's neck. A second later I felt myself being thrown against a wall, I lay in a crumpled heap on the floor. Elves surrounded me a second later, I could feel their powerful auras, they must've all been high-ranking elves that Harry was able to manipulate. One of them roughly grabbed my wrists and put on handcuffs, I instantly felt drained. 

Damn it, they must have put on some sort of magic-blocking handcuffs to stop me from attacking them. 

"Oh no, Odette, Odette, Odette. You've made a huge mistake coming here, you fell right into my hands." Harry bellowed, everyone looked shocked as I lazily glanced over at the crowd. I instantly found Caspian who looked ready to kill everyone in this entire room. I met his eyes and shook my head slightly, warning him to not do anything stupid. 

"Sorry everyone, due to this turn of events I will have my ceremony tomorrow evening. As I first need to take the chosen one's powers. Then I'll have everything I need to overtake the elf council and the Gods... Goodnight everyone!" Harry boomed across the ballroom, people started to file out. But of course Caspian had to do something stupid. 

Caspian teleported across the room so he was standing in front of Harry, before punching him across the face. I heard a large crack.

"You're such a miserable excuse for an elf! How pathetic! Thinking you can overtake me!" Caspian said, his eyes were glowing a dark red colour. Power was radiating off him in large waves, it almost made me feel dizzy. 

Harry just laughed, "wow! Caspian, the God of Darkness came to visit me! I'm honoured, but you alone are no match for me. For I am Harry Baldwin the second! The true leader of the elves!" 

Now it was Caspians turn to laugh, "fuck you!" He spat menacingly. 

But then Harry moved so quickly even I couldn't make out what he did, because an instant later Caspian was flung onto the floor and was being handcuffed by other elves. Caspian tried to shadow travel, but it was too late, the handcuffs were on and his powers blocked. 

"With you two I can easily take over, thank you very much! I really was not expecting this, but my plan is turning out better than I ever thought it could!" Harry said joyfully, I swear he was about to start jumping up and down like a kid at their birthday party. 

"Okay, take them to the dungeons! And wait for me before you start doing anything!" He added before Caspian and I were forcefully pushed away by the guards. 

We walked until we got to a series of jail cells, there were already many other elves there. All of them shivering and weak as they leant on the walls. It made my stomach lurch. 

They brought us into a larger cell, cuffing Caspian to one side of the wall, and I to the other. The guards then left there wordlessly. 

I slumped against the wall, hugging my knees to my chest. 

"I'm sorry, I acted impulsively and I messed up." Caspian said sadly, looking over me with his dark hooded eyes. 

"It's okay, you were just trying to defend yourself-"

"No," he interrupted. "I was trying to defend you." 

Caspian said it with so much sincerity it made my heart flutter, and even though we were trapped, I found myself wanting to kiss him... Which is really weird considering this situation...

I just smiled back, too scared that if I opened my mouth I would just say a bunch of stupid garbage in reply to his nice sentiment. 

"What do we do now?" I ask after several seconds. 

"I don't know, we might not be able to get out of this one Odette..." 

"At least I'm with you," I whisper, but I knew that Caspian had heard me. 

-

Any predictions? Shit is finally going down! 
How are they going to get out of this? And what about Luna and Jude? 

Make sure to follow me, vote and comment on this story if you're enjoying it so far!