Chapter 40

After the conversation with Jaemin, Mark was back in class, mindlessly stacking chairs. He was helping out his teacher pack up the classroom since school was coming to an end and everything had to go to storage until next year.

He's deep in his thoughts, not even noticing her calling his name. He just fought with his best friend of five years, and now it's over.

But he doesn't regret it.

He likes you and he was willing to show you the devotion you deserve. Considering everything that's happened with Jaemin and your father, you definitely need it. You don't know that, but he does.

"Mark," His teacher calls out to him more sternly which finally snapped him out of his blank state. His head pops up, and he places the last chair down. "I appreciate you helping me."

"I don't mind." He smiles politely with a slight shrug.

She hums, clapping her hands together. "Well, it's late. I'll finish here and you get home safe.

Mark sighs when she leaves the room. He gathers his stuff, basically shoving them into his backpack, still upset from the previous conversation with Jaemin. Yet he just pushes it aside, letting it become history.

He's about to leave and someone enters the room, but he doesn't really take mind to it, just scrolling through his phone, thinking that it was his teacher who came back.

Still making his towards the door, he only stops when he feels a cold hand on his arm. He turns his head to see the owner of the arm, only to sigh and roll his eyes then proceed to leave the classroom.

"Hey, is that what we do now? Ignore each other?" Yujin pouts, pulling him back into the empty room.

"I mean, why not?" He shrugs. "You mean nothing to me."

"Ouch," She frowns, a little hurt. "Can we talk?"

"Look, Y/N's waiting-"

"Yeah, that's what I want to talk about..." Her huff is barely audible as she sits on top of an empty desk.

Mark cocks a brow, arms crossing over his chest. He doesn't want to listen, knowing it'll be something petty about that he should be with her and blah blah... But he knows that if he doesn't listen to her now, she'll pester him in the future.

He becomes a little less tense, relaxing his arms as he slouches and sends her a gesture to continue. She inhales, fingers fiddling with the hem of her skirt. "So, you and Y/N are..."

Mark nods before letting her finish. "Problem?"

She tsks, hopping off the desk and standing in front of him to glare up at him. The way he looks down at her makes feel intimated, but she tries to hide it. "There is..."

"I already know what you're going to say," He cuts her but before she says anything else. "And my answer is no. Goodbye."

He turns around to leave but hisses when Yujin seizes at his wrist. "You are not just leaving like that."

"When are you going to get it through that thick head of yours," He sighs and she gasps. "Me. You. Never gonna happen."

She's upset, grabbing him by the collar to force him to look at her. Mark rolls his eyes just as hers get teary. She doesn't have the same effect on him as she used to. She's never been denied so it was hard on her to give up.

They stay like this for a while. Mark giving her the chance to calm down before pushing away from her, yet she just hugs his waist.

"Are you sure about this?"