FORTY-SEVEN

November 16, 20XX - Sunday

"Hari..."

My eyelids fluttered open.

Confused, I slowly turned to check behind me, immediately bumping into Taehyung, the source of the whisper.

He looked down at me and gave me a tiny smile, something he hadn't done in a while.

"Let's sneak out."

Sneak out?

Is that the smartest of ideas?

I sat up slowly, raising an eyebrow at Taehyung.

"Is this because of Hoseok?"

He shook his head, dropping his gaze to his hands. "No, I just wanted some time out of my head."

My heart dropped.

Ever since I recovered, Taehyung felt somewhat distant to me. It was as if he was in this hard to reach place because he closed himself off. I was afraid to even try to reach out to him in fear that he'd snap at me. It was a silly thought because Taehyung would never do that to me.

It was dangerous walking outside. We didn't know what was out there waiting for us, but it was 2am, who would really be out there?

The real trouble would be trying to get past Hoseok, but if it meant I could close the gap between Taehyung then...

"Sure. Let's go."

And so we quietly escaped out the bedroom window after stuffing the bed with blankets and pillows.

It was cold out, but Taehyung's hoodie kept me warm.

Taking my hand in his, Taehyung ran with me through the back way, only stopping when we were a block over.

My eyes couldn't help but draw up to the dark sky, illuminated by the stars spread across it. It was breathtaking, it was...

"Everything." The words slipped past Taehyung's lips in a low whisper.

I turned to catch him also staring at the sky, head tilted.

He smiled wide, closing his eyes, simmering  under the moonlight.

Heart clenching, I thought about how cruel it would be for Taehyung to no longer experience this.

"Hari? What do you think we'll be doing in the future?"

I blinked away the tears threatening to surface, focusing on Taehyung more clearly. He had his eyes so carefully trained on me and something in them told me he didn't see a future.

"Everything will be different, but we'll be staring up at the same sky." I smiled as I stretched my hand up to it.

"I don't want a future unless it's with you," he whispered and when I looked back at him, I noticed all the tears falling down his cheeks.

I quickly took his face into my hands, wiping away the tears.

"Hari, for you, I'd do anything. Even collect all the stars across the night sky in a bottle...so when you need to see it again, you could open it up and peek in...why can't I do that much for you?"

My heart fluttered at those words. I didn't know how to answer Taehyung. How could he think he hasn't already done that much for me? He took me out of a situation that I would've never been able to have gotten myself out of. He has given me the protection that I've never had. He has built me a home out of the little that he thinks he has to offer. Because all I needed was him.

"Taehyung-"

Before I could've said more, he bent down and locked lips with me. The shock made me skip a beat in the rhythm his lips danced in---but only just a beat.

It was a slow and intimate, much like a waltz. But what other dance can provide such security, such love, such union as so?

Taehyung's lips grazed against my own as they parted for air momentarily before picking up my lips once again.

"Just..."

He whispered as he tilted his head one way,

"...Kiss..."

Then the other way,

"...Me..."

I was dizzy.

"...Like..."

He was moaning,

"...it's..."

Until he mumbled,

"...our last."