After The Benefits End - Part 6

“Oh my god, you idiot.” I shout at him, punching his arm.

“ that wasn’t my fault.” Dan replied, linking his fingers with mine.

A car had just pulled out in front of us, causing Dan to slam on his brakes. To say we almost crashed would be an understatement.

Dan pulled up into the nearest service station, un-buckled my seat belt and pulled me onto his lap. I was still shaking.

“I’m sorry baby.” he whispers kissing my cheek.

“I know...just scared me. I thought we were...”

I couldn’t say the word dead...

“Not a chance , as if I would leave you and miss out on us having our life together and you’re not leaving me either.”

“Oh am I not.” I smile at him, my heart still pumping unbelievably fast against my rib cage. 

“Nope, you are stuck with me forever.” he smiles and kisses me tenderly.

“I like the sound of that.” I whisper, stroking behind his ear

“You okay now ?” Dan asks me

“Still a bit shaken but yea I’m okay.” I smile “Can we just get going?”

“Course , can’t wait to surprise you.”

A slight eeep of excitement escaped my lips and a huge grin swept across my face. I pushed my lips against his and pulled away before we got it too into it. 

“Another kiss please.” He grinned. I smiled secretly to myself before kissing him again.

I moved back onto my seat and buckled up and placed my feet back up on the dash board.

“Let’s goooo!” I shouted putting my arms up in the air, making Dan laugh. 

I wacked up the music and we sang along. Before long I began seeing signs for Manchester.

“Dan where we going exactly?” I ask him intriguingly.

“ I’ve gotten this far without telling you, you can’t expect me to slip up now do you?”

“Yes.” I giggle looking at each sign that we drove past. Not even the sat nav lady could help me, and she was usually so very helpful.

I grabbed my ipad and signed into twitter, checking my mentions.

Nope nothing since Evie tweeted that we were going shopping last week and I had lost a follower. I didn’t have many as it was...eugh how annoying.

@Olivia_Williams – Couple of days away with my boy is just what I need :) Shame I don’t know where we’re going! Love you @YoItsDanny 

I clicked of twitter before continuing to read Breaking Dawn. I loved this book.

I was so engrossed in the book I wasn’t paying any attention to the roads or sign which I think Dan was grateful for. He managed to drive all the way here without me guessing.

I felt the car engine stop, so I removed my eyes from my ‘book’ to look around. I vaguely recognised where we were but I wasn’t completely sure. I saved where I was up to in the book before turning off my ipad and placing it in my bag. I turned at look at Dan who was grinning at me.

“We’re here baby.”  he smiled at me

“So where is here?” I reply

“Have to see won’t we.”

I opened up my car door and stepped out taking in the area. I looked up at the huge hotel that looked like a tetris piece. It could only mean one thing....The Hilton Hotel.