Chapter 13

Chapter 13

I started running into the forest. It was unsafe of me to do so at that time but I needed that time alone by myself. Alone by myself.

I tried to calm myself as I leaned against an old tree. The pounding of my heart was trying to burst out of the confinements of my body. I slide down the tree while holding my hands to my ears.

Tears started falling from the corners of my eyes as it closed shut, not wanting to see that world outside. Never have I felt so vulnerable to anyone beside Talen. That was his name. A boy whom I fear from since we met. A boy that haunts my everlasting presence on this earth. Someone that broke me down into bits of pieces causing me to miss the warmth that I got from Duke.

Though that was also the reason for my vulnerable state. I feel so cold. Let me rephrase that, I am cold inside. The warmth Duke brings, makes my coldness feel weak and that weakness will eventually break me down. It was a mistake getting close to him.

What was I thinking? Letting him in like that? Knowing the consequences.

What were you thinking?

“No! Talon! Stop it! Get out!” I shouted only to be replied by his chuckling. Get out? Is that what you really want me to do? “Yes! Talon please! Leave me alone!” I shouted again with the silence of the forest.

And why would I want to do that? It’s rather fun, messing with you. Don’t you think I deserve to do so after what you have done? Winter. Winter. Winter. I will never stop tormenting you even if you had only 1 second to live. You will always be mine.

“No, you are wrong Talon. I will never be yours in this life or in this universe ever. As long as I live I will be strong and live through your torments. Even if I have 1 second to live. I will die with a smile on my face. Knowing that after all this years I was the stronger one.” I said.

Wake up, Winter. After all these years tormenting you and you think you are the stronger one. If you were the stronger one, you wouldn’t be replying to my messages.

“You think you are the strong one but I’m the strong one around here and you know it. I reply to your message to show you that I’m not afraid of you. I’m not afraid of you tormenting my life until I die.” I said.

Oh really? My dear, you have yet to know about strength as you do not have any. You quiver in fear as I tremble your world of peace. You will never find peace in this world because peace does not exist.

“You are wrong. There is peace in this world. You just have to find it. Many people suffer from the darkness inside them but they as an individual knew that peace could only be inquired if you wish it to be. Peace does not come to you. It comes after all the hard work and love, you put into it. There is peace in this world and you are definitely not part of it.”

And why do I need peace? Such a lousy thing to have when I have the power I dreamed for and you to satisfy me in this life. There is no need for peace, no matter how hard you work for it. You will never achieve it. 

“You are wrong! You can achieve peace no matter what. Who I am or my strengths doesn’t affect that in this world. If I wish to achieve such a goal then I will.”

“Wake up!” Someone shouted while shaking me.

I opened my eyes only for the sunlight to shine right into it. I close my eyes and blink a couple of times to get use to the brightness. I saw Duke standing in front of me with his mask on. Some how see him gave me the strength to breathe after that nightmare.

“Are you ok?” He asked as I sat up. “Yeah. I’m fine.” I said before heading for the bathroom to change.

When I came out I saw him sitting on the bed waiting for me. Probably wanting to know what was the nightmare about.

“Who is Talon?” He asked. I look at him in shocked. Did he heard me say that in my sleep? I felt a bit angry at myself for letting this happened especially when Duke was in the room. “You mumbled his name in your nightmare.” He said looking at me.

“He is of no importance.” I said. “Well I want to know if you are playing around with me? Well are you?” He asked with crossed arms. I snickered a bit. “I am not a whore. He is like what I said no importance and he is very well died to me.” I muttered.

“Then why were you saying his name in your sleep? Are you in love with him? Is he in the academy?” He started bombarding me with all sorts of questions. “I SAID THAT HE IS OF NO IMPORTANCE SO DROP IT.” I shouted causing him to shut up.

“Let’s get going.” I said going out the door not even waiting for him. I didn’t want to be bombarded with question related to that devil.

So I’m a devil now?

“If only you knew. Talon. If only you knew.”