30

"Why have I not fucking killed you with my bare hands already?"

"Because you love me?" I asked, batting my eyes at her before continuing what I was doing before— Applying the eyeliner.

To be honest, we girls are not appreciated enough for this. Boys just get away with saying a simple, 'You're hot.', while in actual, they should have been writing paragraphs and paragraphs about describing our beauty.

I mean, this wing doesn't come on its own and it definitely takes more than one poke in the eye while applying mascara and oh, the pain of going through threading eyebrows and don't even get me started on the screams of waxing each and every part of the body.

Plus, you don't get enough money to buy good quality, waterproof makeup. Now, we can't exactly barge into a party without wearing waterproof makeup, now that is just next level horrible. And the part which I hate the most— The trouble of not rubbing your eye even if you badly want to because you are wearing a $25 mascara, $30 eyeliner and that freaking expensive eyeshadow palette.

Being a girl is definitely not an easy task.

"So, when are you both getting official?" She asked, leaving me dumbfounded for a moment.

Oh, forgot to mention— Tonight was a date night.

"I don't know." I replied, honestly. She didn't know why I was going with him on this date in the first place and she definitely didn't need to know his confession where he clearly described his feelings for me or else she would literally stab me with a plastic fork for not returning back the feeling because apparantly, we were meant to be together.

And maybe, just maybe, you know just the teensy-winsy bit, I have started to feel for him.

"If he doesn't propose you today, then dear lord, please help me before I castrate him to death because just to sail your guys boat, I have to go on a date with that chimpanzee faced baboon!" She exclaimed, pointing the comb angrily towards me.

"Atleast, give that poor boy a chance, Stels." I spoke, adjusting my dress and taking a final glance at the mirror.

"Boy?! He is the reincarnation of the Satan himself."

"Now, you are just exaggerating. Since the first day he joined us, all you have been acting is nothing but cold towards him."

"Maybe because all he does is irritate me to death! Ever thought of that?" She flared her hands in the air, dramatically and I sighed. There was no point of me shooting the cupid arrow when it was clearly not going to hit them.

I glanced at my outfit for the fifth time and made a face when I realised there was just something about the outfit which was not right. Even if it was a pretend date, it was still a date and the last thing I wanted was to scare my date away with my horrendous looks.

"Stels, don't you think there is something just not right about the outfit?" I asked, twirling to give her a proper view of my outfit.

Her eyes raked my body from top to bottom and after a lot of analysing, she made a tsk sound and walked towards me before taking off the denim jacket that I was wearing over my beige top and smiled triumphantly.

"There, all good." She remarked and I nodded my head, taking a final glance at my outfit which was a beige full sleeved top paired with a black skirt which ended below my thigh with some black heels.

And jewellery, ofcourse.

My brown hair were left open as Stella gave it a wavy curls look and overall, I looked presentable. Just as I was done checking me out, the doorbell rang. I quickly grabbed my phone and held Stella's hand before fleeing towards the front door.

To be honest, I was really excited about the date. I wanted to know how everything between Ethan and Stella falls in order to plan my future step or not— It all depends on how tonight goes.

As soon as I opened the door, I was greeted by a pair of arms engulfing me into a tight hug and I definitely knew to whom those arms belonged to because there was only one person who could hug this tight.

"I missed you so much!" They said and a small chuckle escaped my lips.

"I missed you too, but do you see me suffocating you to death with a hug?" He laughed and let go of me, before giving me a once over and wolf whistling in the process.

"You look so fucking good." This earned him a smack on the head from none other than Dante Knight.

"Stop fucking eyeing my girl, Blaze."

"Not my fault she looks so hot that she is gone turn some heads."

"That's true." He muttered, gazing longingly at me.

"Or get some head." This earned him a smack on his head, as he lifted his hands up in the air in a surrender manner.

"What are you doing here in the first place?" Ethan spoke from behind him, looking dashing in a white button up shirt and a pair of denim jeans with some black shoes. His black hair were styled messily and those red streaks in the front were completing his look.

"Wow." Those words left my mouth before I could think anything and the good part was no one heard it, as Stella went to grab her clutch and Blaze was busy glaring at Dante for the smack.

The bad part?

Dante heard it and now he was glaring at Ethan and if looks could kill, well, he would be dead twice.

"I just wanted to meet the doll right here. I shall take my leave now." With that said, he hugged me goodbye and walked away, waving his hand in the air.

Once he was out of sight, Ethan walked towards me, completely ignoring Dante's subtle attempt of killing him with his looks and whispered in my ears, "How do I look?"

"Hotter than lava." I complimented and he sighed in relief.

"Thank God, I was really worried."

"You were, huh?" I asked, mischievously and he blushed making me grin wide because my cupid arrow was finally making its way towards them.

"I just didn't want to look the ugliest." He replied, shrugging his shoulders.

"So, you decide to look the hottest instead?" He gave me a sly look before bending down and whispering in my ears, "You look so hot tonight that if you wouldn't be head over heels for the man glaring at me, then I would have taken you to the bedroom right now and not left until you would have gotten tired of screaming my name."

"Ethan, filter!" I smacked his arm which he just laughed it off.

There was no denying that we had a good flirtationship going on, but to flirt before our dates? Pure mean.

"I am here!" The booming voice of Stella interrupted us and he pulled away instantly, shuffling his hands in his pocket and acting completely nonchalant, while I just stood there looking like a red ballon.

"Let's get it over with." Stella muttered under her breath and passed Ethan one of her most fake smile and held the hand which Ethan was holding out for her.

"M'lady." Ethan spoke, grinning widely and opened the door for her, as she growled at him.

Once, they both were out of the home, Dante stood before me and looked into my eyes, taking my breath away with his intense stare. Yes, Ethan looked hot, but Dante was fire and no matter how much I tried to deny, I couldn't ignore the fact that I could feel butterflies in my stomach whenever he was around and even his eyes had the audacity to held me in my place.

"Shall we?" He asked, politely and I nodded my head, blushing profusely.

And just as we were about to head out, he bend down his head to my level and pulled his face so close that his lips brushed against mine, when he spoke,

"If that fucker will touch you one more time, I will not hesitate to kill him."

What a lovely start of our date!

••••••••

Do lemme know in the comments how did you all like this chapter.

xoxo.