TWENTY-TWO: terminus

We all looked through the ivy filled gate to see a big brick building that I assume was Terminus. There was no sign of life from here. It was almost too quiet.

Rick reading my mind starts to explain his plan, "We all spread out, watch for a while, see what we see, and get ready. We all stay close."

At Rick's words the group starts to split up. Michonne and Carl, Me and my dad, and Rick all by himself. I follow my dad into the woods along the fence.

My dad and I walk in silence for a while, looking through the fence. I see no movement from inside the building at all angles and it's scaring me. "Dad, I have a bad feeling about this." I whisper, breaking the silence.

"What do you mean?" he mumbles.

I turn to face him. He's looking through the fence and doesn't even bother turning to face me. "I don't see anyone down there. What if it's overrun or maybe it's a trap. It just sounds too good to be true." I explain.

My dad finally turns to face me, "But Finn what if it isn't a trap. What if it is really is a sanctuary? I need you to be safe. I couldn't protect Claire but I can protect you."

I look down at my feet. "Dad, what did happen to Claire?" I whisper so that he can barely hear me.

I look up to see my dad's brown eyes fill with tears. He looks away from me and starts to explain, "I don't know. I lost sight of her at the prison and I haven't seen her since."

I take a step closer to my dad and take his hands in mine. Me and my dad have never been the touchy type but I wanted him to know that I was here for him. "It's not your fault dad. I left her in the quarantine room to find Carl and I found that she didn't make it on the bus. I tried to look for her but I couldn't..."

My dad stops me and pulls me in for a hug. I wrap my good arm around his back and bury my head into his leather vest. I feel his head rest on top of mine and he whispers, "It's not your fault either Finn."

I pull myself in closer, "I love you so much dad"

He pats me on the back and whispers in my ear, "I love you too Finn."

Rick throws the bag of weapons into a hole he made in the ground. He kneels down and carefully places his own gun in the bag as well. I go to do the same but my dad stops me, "keep it." he whispers so only I can hear.

Rick turns to the two of us, "Just in case" he tells us as he starts to place the dirt on top of the bag.

Good idea

We wait for Carl and Michonne to get back and we walk over to the fence. "I'll go first, make sure it's ok." Rick explains before he scales the fence and hops over.

Without hesitation Michonne follows. I look over at my dad and he nods, It's my turn. I put my foot in the links of the fence and start to climb but I can't with my hurt arm. I feel a pair of hands oh my waist and I turn my head to see my dad helping me up. I give him a quick smile before I hop over the fence.

Seconds after I land Carl lands right next to me and my dad lands on my other side. Rick draws his other gun once we all make it over and we all follow. My dad starts to take very quick steps towards the building, leading the way.