18

"That one! That blue one- Ah!"

Another thunder boomed. Hyun Ae quickly jumped toward Namjoon, bumping into him as he was trying to reach out for the extra pillows in the higher section of the storage cabinet.

"Ya! If you keep bumping into me, how am I going to get that pillow?!" Namjoon fussed, glancing down to his left, just to see how close Hyun Ae was to him.

"Sorry!" Hyun Ae whispered, watching his hand trying to grab another pillow.

"Just... be brave a bit. It's not like the storm could hit you! You're in the house!"

"S-S-Shut up!"

After he got two pillows and one king-size comforter, they were passing by Hyun Ae's room when suddenly Namjoon felt a hard tug on his shirt.

"Wait!" Hyun Ae shrieked, stopping the tall guy from moving. "I need to get my pillow too! And comforter-"

"This one is big enough!" he whispered in an annoyed tone, shaking the pillows and comforter in his arms to her.

"Urgh! Just... Wait outside here. Don't go anywhere. And don't peek into my room. Stand there. Face there."

"Huh!" Namjoon sighed, standing against the wall beside her room, and facing away from it.

Hyun Ae left the door hanging open, so he could hear the sound of her climbing her bed, the rustling sound of her bed then her footsteps towards him. As he heard the sound of the door closing, he turned to her.

"Seriously?" he sighed when he saw Hyun Ae hugging a yellow pillow and a Koya pillow bolster.

"Hey, Koya is my favorite BT21 character! So what?" she said, quickly making her way towards the sofa bed, then throwing her belongings on it. "Ya, what are you waiting for?! How could you leave me alone..."

Namjoon shook his head as he walked towards her, placing down the pillows on the sofa.

"You're the one who walks faster!" he groaned, climbing onto the bed and then spreading out the comforter, completely covering the bottom part of the sofa.

Hyun Ae then slipped under the thick fabric after placing her pillow next to Namjoon's. She let out a sigh, then turned to him on her right side.

Their eyes met again. The nervousness came into her instantly. She had just realized that they were much closer than she had thought.

"Uh... this is..." Hyun Ae began to mumble under her breath, feeling a bit awkward.

"If you want to sleep in my arms, I'll let you," Namjoon smirked, as he moved closer to her.

"Pervert!" she growled, hitting him with her Koya cushion, placing it between both of them, and turning it into a barrier.

"Hah. Koya," he chuckled, moving his arms behind his head, and stared at the high ceiling, smiling like a crazy guy.

"Koya will protect me from you."

"But he won't hug you when the thunders boom again."

As if on cue, the thunder boomed again.

"Ah!!!" Hyun shrieked again, and her hands instantly grabbed his left arm, despite Koya being in-between them.

"I told you," he whispered, giggling as he moved closer to her.

"Urgh... I hate you..." she mumbled to Koya.

"No, you won't. Because I'm your bias."

His statement made her shoot up. Her face went blank as she looked up at him, and she felt like her face had turned red.

"What the..."

"I know I am," he muttered, glancing down at her, but then he sniggered as he pinched her nose. "Kidding. I was just guessing. Haha- Ow! What's that for?" he grunted, rubbing his face when Hyun Ae hit his face hard with Koya, making him regret his words earlier.

Hyun Ae sighed, as both of them stared at the high ceiling for a while, accompanied by the sound of heavy rain outside, trickling against the glass walls.

"Do you realize..." Namjoon began to speak in a soft voice.

"What?" Hyun Ae responded in a whispery tone.

"That nowadays we always have small fights?"

"Haha... Well... It's actually making us much closer though. It's a good thing," she giggled, still staring at the ceiling.

She then turned over to her right side, facing Namjoon again. "You wouldn't mind if suddenly I move closer to you, would you?"

"I'm the one who should ask you that," he responded, now turning to his left side, facing her as he snickered. "I never thought that you would be afraid of thunderstorms."

"Hey. I'm a normal human too. Of course, I do have fears," she huffed, stretching her arms as she yawned.

The sound of heavy rain still made her a bit scared, her concern clearly showed all over her face. "Urgh... let's just sleep... It's getting late."

"Come here," Namjoon called out softly, pushing Koya a bit lower from his face towards his abdomen. Hyun Ae moved towards him slowly and was about to remove Koya from being their barrier when he stopped her.

"Don't remove Koya. Let it be there," he said, placing back the cushion in between them, making sure the distance is fixed between them.

Namjoon extended his right arm towards her and then grabbed her hand, which she held onto tightly as the lightning flashed again.

"I'm here, I'm here," he whispered softly to her, trying to calm her down.

Hyun Ae had her eyes closed and still grabbed his hand tightly, never letting it go. Then she felt something going into her ear.

"Huh?" she hummed, opening her eyes and looking at him as she touched her left ear.

"I'll play some songs so those thunders won't bother you. Just sleep," Namjoon said, scanning through the music library on his phone. He then passed her the other Airpod for her to put on her right ear.

"You should listen too," she urged, pushing his hand back. Then she chuckled. "Are you sure this is your AirPods though?"

"Excuse me, it IS mine," he scoffed, putting the right wireless earpiece into his ear as he placed down his phone between both of them.

"Who knows," she muttered, still giggling as she pulled up the comforter, covering half of her face.

Her eyes began to close slowly, and he watched her as she began to let out soft breaths, indicating how relaxed she was.

He looked at his hand and began to rub his thumb softly against her skin as he kept on watching the way she softly breathed in and out under the comforter.

"I'm sorry about today," he whispered, as super soft as he could. But when he just closed his eyes, he heard a soft mumble from the sleeping girl. Or... maybe still not really sleeping.

"Me too."

*******************************************************************

Please support me on Ko-fi https://ko-fi.com/nanamirai and get more snippets on the writing process of ongoing works!

Follow me on social media Instagram : itsme.nanamirai & Tiktok : itsmenanamirai

You can also find me on AO3 : itsme_NanaMirai & Quotev : itsmeNanaMirai

Last but not least, thank you for reading!

Borahae, Nana <3