Chapter 5

Aspen looked around in nervous excitement as he and Gaia walked up the steps of mount Olympus for the first time, he had just turned seven and passed his first mile stone a few days ago bringing about his first visit to the outside world.

Aspen knew that his mother and father were worried and cautious when it came to his well being and while they never tried to hold him back from learning something or trying something they were never far away. his sister Rhea had tried to explain it to him on one of her visits to their palace but he still hadn't understood why they were so cautious, he wasn't about to make them upset however and cousin Athena assured him that someday when he had full control of his powers his parents would stop worrying so much. 

his cousin Athena was the one who usually taught him things that he would need to know if he wanted to go out into the 'modern' world that he saw thru the tv and on the internet, she taught him to read and write in multiple languages as well as math and history. she also taught him about their family and the secret wizarding world that his mortal parents had come from, there were a lot of things that confused him when it came to these subjects.

Aspen had only ever seen a handful of the gods and goddesses that made up their family, he had asked his mother one night a few years ago why the others never came to visit and was shocked when he learned that no one else knew he existed. Gaia had explained to him that a large number of the gods were rather chaotic and that she had wanted to wait until he was old enough to handle their family before he was introduced. 

Aspen had let it go when his mother had promised to take him to Olympus after his first mile stone so he could finally meet the rest of their family as long as she felt he was ready for it, this promise was one of the reasons why he had studied so hard when it came to both his theoretical and practical work knowing that it was the only way he could show his mother how prepared he was to meet the rest of their family.

usually his cousin Hecate would come over and help him to practice using his magic and he would ask her about the wizarding world and all of the questions he had about things that just didn't make sense. more often than not she was confused by them as well telling him that there were a lot of things wrong with the wizarding world right now and more than a few of them had gone crazy or were so stuck in the past that they didn't make sense.

once he realised that even the goddess of magic and witchcraft had no idea what her people were thinking he dropped the questions and simply focused on learning all he could from his cousins as they had fun using their powers, finally all of his work had payed off and Gaia had deemed him ready to meet his family.

                                                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

all of the Olympian council had gathered at the request of Rhea and the Titaness had even demanded the presence of Hades, few were willing to deny her and not even the rivalry between Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades was enough of a reason for the two younger brothers to attempt excluding their oldest brother if it meant bringing their mothers wrath down upon them.

while those born from Rhea were wary of why she had called them all together, the younger council members on the other hand were curious and mildly amused at seeing their parents shifting uncomfortably as if waiting for their grandmother to scold them. once the last of the council had arrived along with Hades the group of gods sat waiting in silence as they looked to Rhea who simply sat there still appearing to be waiting for someone.

"mother what is it that you have called us all here for?" Zeus finally asked after they spent a few minutes in silence.

"hmm, I had wanted to wait until they arrived to tell you all what's going on but it might be best if you know before they arrive, we wouldn't there to be an accident or something" Rhea said as she sent a quick glance to the door before turning back to the gods, those not in the know already looked confused while those who did looked excited.