xvii. ( neibolt )

MISSING!

"HEY EDDIE, YOU got a quarter?" richie snapped his fingers. "i would not want to make a wish in the fucking thing." eddie scoffed.

"beverly?" ben called down the well. "how are we supposed to get down there?" mike questioned. melissa stood and watched the boys tie the rope above the well, her arms crossed and her back against the wall. her body still shook but not as much as before, she felt fine at that moment.

she hoped that they would find beverly, kill it, and be safe for once. all she wanted to do was hang out with all of her friends and live the rest of her life alive.

note the word, alive.

melissa and mike were the only ones left to go down the well. a loud bang rang beside melissa as mike was knocked to the ground.

"holy shit!" she shrieked as she went to help mike. henry bowers loomed over them with a grin stuck to his grimy lips. he was all bloody.

"guys! are you okay? melissa! mike!" the losers voice echoed. henry laughed in response as he pushed melissa to the side. he held mike and pinned him to the cold concrete floor.

his long arm reached for the rope. "grab the rope! fuck!" bill screamed. "leave them alone!"

"you didn't listen to what i told you, did ya? you should've stayed out of derry. your parents didn't and look what happened. i still feel sad every time i pass that pile of ashes. sad... that i couldn't have done it myself."

henry began to hit mike and he went for the boat gun that laid beside them. melissa sat dizzy and black spots flashed before her. when henry pushed her she slammed the back of her head into a metal pipe. blood flooded down her neck.

"get away from him." she hissed under her breath. henry held the gun to mike's forehead. melissa wrapped her fingers around the metal pipe and pulled as hard as she could; it broke off the wall and dirt fell over her body. she hesitated as she stood up, her breath getting heavier by the second.

"i said get away from him!" she screamed and whacked his mullet-wearing head to the floor. the gun skidded to the well and melissa pulled mike up to his knees.

henry then came up behind her. "you little bitch." she swung her leg backwards and henry let out a loud groan as he let go.

"you don't deserve to live." melissa flores pushes henry into the open well, listening to his cries out and screams.

"hey, you okay? what happened to your head? there's blood everywhere!" mike asked worriedly. "yeah, i'm fine. you?" she assures.

before mike could answer voices called up to them. "melissa, what the fuck?! are you okay?! melissa are you alive?!"

"yeah, richie, that's really nice of you to think of me." mike scoffed. richie stopped talking which caused the others to start laughing.

"i'm fine, four-eyes." melissa offered her hand to mike as he fixed the rope and he accepted. when they reached the sewer hole the others were stashed, melissa realized stan was missing.

"stanley." she points out. they all rushed through the pipe and shot their heads back and forth. "stan? stanley! oh my gosh, stanley!"

they continued to call out for him until the arrived into a large room. on the floor was stanley. a woman hovered over his body. they realized that she was who he described at the festival.

she sat over him, sucking his face, and not in the good way. blood fell out of his cheeks and to the floor. "what the fuck is that?" richie screeched. "fuck, fuck. go, go! stan!"

the woman shot her head up and snarled. it backed up into a pipe and disappeared. the losers ran up to stan.

"no! you left me! you left me at neibolt! you guys are not my friends! i didn't want to go to neibolt!" he cried after receiving a hug from richie.

melissa sat on the floor while they all helped stan. she watched bill leave but didn't see what he was following. she jumped up and slowly listened to his quiet footsteps.

they walked through tunnels, the same tunnels melissa ran through when she met the losers. she began to quietly cry as memories slowly flooded her mind.

her vision was blurring but she still kept up with the stutter. they reached the big room, the room that held her floating body not that long ago, the place she dreaded the most.

her eyes followed the cracks and curves of the walls and they landed on beverly's floating body. melissa lost sight of bill and ran up to her.

"beverly!"

published— august 21, 2020
edited— april 30, 2020

discontinued on april 22, 2020!
( this was the last chapter published )

( written by STRAWBCRRYGLOSS )