Chapter Eight

I never complained about the catering at the multiple hotels we stayed at; the food was delightful, actually. They had everything and anything you could ask for, which was just enough for me. I wasn't exactly picky about food, but the other girls definitely were. I rolled my eyes, annoyed, as Camila shrieked as Dinah dropped a soggy piece of salmon onto her plate. 

"Gross! Put it back, Dinah!" Camila slapped her shoulder childishly. After a few moments of staring at the body of perfection, I groaned to myself and continued to stab at my lunch. 

After Camila and I had talked, she did just what I had predicted; went back to forgetting about me. She didn't hate me anymore, so we could freely talk to each other in an interview without getting the urge to pull a knife. She gave me slight smiles and waves ever so often, but that was basically it. 

It confused me. A lot. Not to be self centered, but I'm probably the smartest one in the group. Yet, I couldn't even decode this sudden lack of conversation. I mean, wasn't that moment of us that night suppose to bring our friendship together? And here we are, drifting even further apart?

"Can I sit here, Lo?" Normani's voice questioned me. I looked up from my plate, seeing her shake her head and pull out a chair beside me. "Never mind, this isn't a cafeteria at a fucking high school. I can sit anywhere I please."

I snort at her comment, "Cute."

"Cute? Jesus, I thought you were all about Camila," Normani widened her eyes and ducked down to a whisper. "Look, I'm flattered, but maybe you should keep your heart set on one girl. Plus, I'm not into that kind of stuff. Sorry Laur."

I shrug my shoulders and continue to poke at my hamburger. Suddenly, I feel a tight grip around my wrist that squeezes intensely.

"Are you feeling alright? You usually have the best comebacks, and honestly, I was hoping for one."

"I don't know, I'm just resting my voice," I mutter. 

"We have off today, you can rest the whole day," Normani argued. "Tell me what's up. For real."

"Not here," I glanced behind Normani and noticed Dinah, Ally and Camila giggling at the opposite table. Normani follows my gaze and instantly tears my from our seat, pulling me out of the dining area and through the hotel hallways. After a few twists and turns, she lets go of my arm and reveals a red mark due to the amount she had tugged at it. 

"What happened between you and Camila," Normani ordered, crossing her arms across her chest. 

"What do you mean? You know what happened."

"That night, when I went to the bathroom to take a bath."

"You've taken a bath many times, Mani," I chuckle, but her face doesn't flinch into even the slightest grin.

"Cut the shit, Lauren," Normani growled and stood her ground. "You know what night that was, I even heard Camila and you start to argue through the door! You can't keep everything from me, I'll find out eventually."

"Sort of like how Camila will eventually find out that there never was a fucking Louis in the first place," I hissed back. "Yeah, I get it."

"That's not even the point!" Normani cried. "Just tell me what happened!"

"We talked outside, it was no big deal."

"Is that really it? Did you make up or something?"

"Does it look like it?"

"Not really."

"Well we sort of did," I gritted my teeth. "But it's just so- confusing. I'm lost, myself. Normani, she's literally like an endless maze. Our relationship, is an endless maze. You think it's finally over, after all this time, but it just has another dead end or sharp turn! I don't know what to fucking expect or do anymore!"