Chapter 15

After our martial art lesson with Mia, Chloe and I went to her room. The rest of the students were still quarantined, and have now called their parents. And let me just say, those adults are not happy their children are being locked up on what was supposed to be a typical graduation sleepover. The agents are also not explaining much to them, even when facing threats from the adults.

Speaking of the agents, all of them are doing the best they can. Blake is still livid, but Mia and Xavier are trying to keep him from going crazy. Mia is trying to keep the teenagers calm, and it's working out for her. One of the jocks tried to knock her out, but it didn't work out all that well for him.

We may have forgotten to mention her martial arts prowess...

Xavier was assigned to deal with the adults, but all we've been hearing is screeches of "I'm going to call the police!" and "I'm going to sue you!". Xavier's kept up a straight face throughout all of this.

Around midnight, Alan decided to finally show up. Having a tall, muscular, honestly scary looking man come quickly shut all of the parents up. He went to go check on the teenagers and run interference with the authorities.

It was impossible to sleep, with all the noise coming from everywhere around the house. Mia came to check up on us some time in the middle of the night.

"How are you two holding up?" Mia asked, whispering.

"We're fine. The better question is how are all you guys holding up?" I asked.

"You're talking about the threats? Definitely expected. Happens every time in situations like this one. You two should sleep, tomorrow's a big day. Also, we're working hard, well, Blakey's working hard, to clear your friends. Nava's parents are here, unhappy. But the other girl, Talia's, haven't shown up yet."

"They work a lot." Chloe inserted herself into the conversation.

"Ahh. Anyways, goodnight girls."

"Goodnight!" We chorused and then Mia left the room.

**************************************

The next morning was eventful. Everyone was still at the Lewis house was restless. They were trying to process everyone's information at the same time, so it was taking a lot longer than just processing one person. Mia did, however, let me know that they were trying to process Nava and Talia quicker.

Ryan was angry. And that was an understatement. I don't really understand why he would be angry, he was the one who created the situation. He was also on house arrest, as ordered by Alan.

In the quarantine room, the agents finally decided to confiscate all phones and other communication devices. Obviously, there are video cameras in there, from when Blake went to set them up so that the parents could see their teenagers. It was fun for me and Cloe to watch them, seeing as they actually had to talk to one another.

Around 10 in the morning, Maggie came to get me and Chloe, to take us to HQ.

"So, Cara, you excited to go back to your original looks?" Maggie asked me.

"I'm terrified. I haven't had either blond hair pr blue eyes since this started. I never thought it was going to happen. I never thought I'd see it again." I said. I had tears in my eyes.

The three of us got into the car and drove off.

Arriving at HQ was fussier than normal. The Carolina York case was now in the open, and although no one knew how I looked now, they knew I had connections to witness protection. The three of us, Chloe, Maggie, and I had to sneak into the building.