14

October 25, 2019

I could bore you guys with details of how September went, but I'd rather not. So I'd sum it up for you.

By quitting at VKW - VW, whatever you wanted to call it now - I was at home more often with nothing to do other than convince my mom that she could go back to Malibu and be with dad. I was home most of the time now, only going out for appearances (most would be turned down though) or to meet up with Alya, Sasha, and Tessa for a nice relaxing dinner and gossip session.

During a short notice dinner, Alya announced that her and Luke did elope. She mentioned Luke began to regret it once Liz found out and threatened to fly to New York to beat him with a belt. That wass Liz, always trying to keep Luke in check even if he was 23. She would likely still be trying to control him even from the grave, if we were being honest.

Alya spoke nothing of Luke being upset with me, almost avoiding the topic of Luke when I was around. We were going on two months without speaking and it was starting to feel like a huge piece of me was missing. It was that certain empty feeling everyone got when a permanent person was snatched from their life and you were left with a hole in your heart and a headache in your brain.

Xander, Sofia, and Lukas had settled down a few odd blocks away from me. That being one of the reasons why mom didn't want to go back to California. I couldn't help but think she finally noticed the bad in Malibu.

Xander and Ashton sorted out their problems, but Xander clearly stated that he and Ashton's relationship still had a few patches to sew up and that would take some time. Xander could've only resolved his issues because he was going to be around often, figuring it was best if he didn't feel like ripping Ashton's head off. Xander would have been my reason for not having Ashton around a lot, and maybe we would ease out of things and there would be a void of contract once Mel and Joe see Ashton and I didn't have the best of chemistry. I tried searching for any small reason as I awaited Mel's answer. I sat in Mid-October waiting for word from Mel or Joe on my fate. Every phone call, every text were enough to cause my heart to drop with the fear/excitement that it could be either boss with news that kept me up at night. Every hour I lost an ounce of hope that Mel's agreement would actually happen.

Ashton and I attended New York Fashion Week with convincing from Joe that the media was dying to see what Ashton and I would show up in. Ashton forced interest in the clothes, since being front row at many of the shows, he was trying his best to show he learned a bit of fashion show etiquette to prove to Joe that he could hang in the fashion world.

Show up on time.

Keep talking to a minimum while the show is going on.

Save judgments for after the show.

If wearing a hat, make sure people behind you will be able to see over it.

Do not chew gum.

Compliment the guest you're seated next to.

To Ashton's luck, an actress he didn't know was seated on the other side of him. He spent 20 minutes discreetly searching Roberta Henderson, so he could have a semi-knowledgeable conversation with her on her latest acting role. I believed Ashton did well, though, I was highly distracted by the musician sitting to my left who wouldn't stop trying to convert me to organic foods.

I was able to think back to all that while I waited for the excruciatingly long five minutes of pregnancy test results to come in.

But it was not my pregnancy test before you started to think so.

Tessa stormed into my apartment an hour ago, tossing a plastic bag at me that had been full of a variety of pregnancy tests. She was sure her reason for her daily puke fests was because she was pregnant and she was terrified. We talked for 30 minutes until I convinced her to get in the bathroom and take at least one test.