thirty

A/N: Chapter thirty....you know what that means. Harry's point of view tiiiimmmmeeee! WARNING: Over 7000 words long. Hope you enjoy, love y'all xx

Harry's P.O.V

Normally I find plane rides to be dead boring, especially the shorter ones. There's no point getting stuck into a movie or your book because you'll have to put it away soon after. But this flight, it's been different.

That's what she does; the girl in the seat beside me, she makes everything different. She's somehow managed to curl her legs up in her seat and rest her head on my shoulder and dozed off. I was surprised with how quickly she fell asleep, it having happened relatively soon after we took off but then I guess she's not used to this sort of travel like I am.

My right hand is still holding hers, I'm afraid to move it in case the movement wakes her up or we hit a bad spot of turbulence and she needs it. So I'm using my phone with one hand, playing a game of solitaire with my non-dominant hand, and it's a bit of a struggle, but I don't mind that much. I have had an amazing weekend.

The trip got off to a bit of a rough start, as do most of these sorts of trips. I could get someone else to go out and handle these situations for me, but I'm a control freak and I need to see things through from start to finish. But I was hesitant about this trip, and even more so about the trip to New York in a couple of weeks. Because again, she makes things different.

From the second Elena told me to book her a ticket to join me I've felt like I was on cloud nine. I had no hesitation in rearranging all of my plans so I could spend as much time with her as I could. Though I have no problem admitting that I don't like being away from her, it wasn't clear just how strongly I disliked it until I arrived.

Exploring with her, it felt like seeing the city for the first time again. Through her eyes; I could see all the beauty and wonder that Paris has to offer when for the longest time its just been the city with one of my more problematic hotels. The beaming smile she gave me when I picked her up from the train station along with seeing the wonder in her eyes as we drove through the city were without a doubt moments I won't soon forget.

If only we didn't have my uncles birthday tomorrow I could have shown her so much more of the city. 'We', I don't think I've ever said that before with quite that much comfort. In my other relationships it didn't feel like 'us' or 'we', there was no partnership there. Now look at me; happily taking my girlfriend on trips away and off to meet my entire family tomorrow. What the fuck has gotten into me?

Elena stirs beside me as the plane dips slightly. We shouldn't have too much longer, maybe another ten minutes before they start landing.

"It's alright bubs" I reassure her as her head is slowly lifted off of my shoulder. Her brown eyes are struggling to stay open, fighting a loosing battle against her heavy eyelids. Her long eyelashes flutter against her cheek as she wills herself to stay awake, turning her head to give me a small smile.

"How long was I out?" She asks, swiping her finger under her eye.

"Around half an hour, we should be landing soon" Her head nods slowly, I know she's probably a little bit nervous about the landing part. "Good nap?"

"Yeah, I definitely needed it, your shoulder is comfortable" her lips curl upwards into a smile as she speaks, taking her water bottle out of the seat pocket and taking a large swig.