Chapter 6

I couldn't believe what she had done. I was soaking wet in what smelled and tasted to be chicken noodle soup. I looked down and it made my once white shirt, to a tinted yellow. I stood up from my chair, anger boiling inside of me.

"What the hell was that for?!" I yelled, my eyes starting to burn from the mixture of tears and the soup.

She looked around, as if completely oblivious as to what had happened. "So sorry Brookie, it was an accident."

I saw Thomas walking back to our table out of the corner of my eye, his mouth wide open.

"Looks like you're going to need more napkins," Megan snickered to Thomas.

"W-what the bloody hell happened?" Thomas said when he finally reached me, his eyes scanning me up and down.

I was about to answer when I was abruptly cut off by Megan, "Oh she had an accident." She then carefully took her index finger and wiped a blob of soup off of my cheek like I was a toddler, making my blood boil.

I couldn't handle this. I started crying. Thomas then stepped in and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. He leaned up against my ear and whispered, "Come on, let's go get you cleaned up." He then guided me into the bathroom and he helped me get this soup off of me.

After he did the best he could, I said, "Thomas?"

"Yeah?" he said, and looked up at me with those warm chocolate brown eyes. And I hugged him. I gave him the most meaningful hug I could. He hugged me back. We stood there for a couple of minutes, embracing our hug. Then I said, "I have extra gym clothes in my locker."

We broke our hug and he replied, "Good. I'll let you finish cleaning up and then I can use one of my hall passes if we're late."

"Okay. Thanks for helping me. It means a lot," I said meaningfully.

Thomas gave off a slight smile, "It's the least I can do after you've helped me find my way around this buggin' school. Plus I like you. A lot."

I felt myself blush, and this time I didn't care if he noticed. "Well, I like you a lot, too."

Thomas winked at me and then he exited the room.

~~~~~~~~~

After I finished changing into my gym clothes, it was nearly the end of the day. I was on my way to find Thomas when I bumped into a red headed girl.

"I'm so sorry," I said.

The girl had her head huddled up by her belongings, and when she looked up, I immediately recognized her. The glasses. The acne.

"Haley? Haley Greenfield?" I asked.

She spoke with a nasally voice, "That would be me."

I sighed, relieved that she wasn't furious. "Sorry, again for knocking into you."

She sniffed me and remarked, "You smell like chicken."

I laughed, "Yeah. This one girl dumped hot chicken noodle soup all over me." I didn't say who the 'girl' was. I didn't think Haley would know who Megan is, because as far as I knew, she didn't have any classes with her.

Haley didn't hesitate on answering, "Megan?"

I was surprised that she knew, "Yeah, how did you know?"

Haley shrugged, "News gets around fast here, if you didn't know."

I then saw Thomas walk up to me and Haley, relief filling his eyes. "You look better. Not that the soup look was bad or anything.."

I playfully slapped him on the arm and Haley stood there gawking at him.

"Haley, this is Thomas. Thomas, this is Haley," I said.

"A pleasure to meet you," Haley said, sticking out her hand. Her fangirl filled eyes disappeared almost immediately.

"As am I," Thomas said, shaking the girls hand.

Haley looked between me and Thomas, and said, "Well, I'd better get going to class. Later you two!" And off she skipped.

Thomas gave me a 'what the heck was that' face, and we walked off to our current class.

When we walked in, the teacher checked our pass, and we went to our seats. Megan glared at me from behind, a satisfied smile on her face. I didn't want to deal with her anymore. But I knew the more I tried to ignore her, the more she'd pick on me. What does she want? She was never this aggressive towards me before.

After English, I headed back towards my locker. I opened it up and down a sticky note came. I grabbed it and read it. My heart froze. It read:

The fiasco at lunch was only the beginning of your problems. Stay away from Thomas; or else.