Chapter 42

Everly

Cole quickly opened the door of his BMW for me and ran to the driver's side. The heater was on full blast and the seat warmer was turned on. He furiously typed in the phone and said, "We are leaving this area."

"Why? What about Elliot?" I asked, hesitant to leave him in the area by himself.

"We are not going far, we will wait in the nearest fast food joint for him." He comforted. "He will be good." As he put on his seat belt and patiently waited for me to put on mine. He stepped on the gas as he quickly pulled out from that creepy place.

"Why are we in a hurry?"

"We bumped into the wrong guy, Everly." He said shaking his head. "The one we were suppose to avoid was the one we met. Elliot will kill me, next."

"What's wrong with that guy?"

"He is the one holding Elliot's down, he is the leader of this weird gang."

My mouth formed an 'O' shape as I turned to look at him. "You did not tell Elliot, did you? He will be worried."

"I just told him we are going to drive thru because you are hungry. I don't want to worry him and have him beaten up by some dude for not concentrating."

"It's best if we don't tell him." I said.

"How long do we keep it away from him though? If he find out, he will be really mad and you have never seen his angry side before, have you otherwise I don't think a girl like you would want to be with him."

"What do you mean by a girl like me?"

"You are someone who seem fragile like a vase and Elliot he is a weapon, that can shatter you if he wants to, some girls are like shield, no matter how much Elliot try to push them away, they won't care."

"I am not fragile." I pointed out.

"You are strong, but for Elliot you are like vase which is why he is being as gentle as he can be with you. You are important to him, I hope you know that."

"He is important for me, too."

"I know. He was very nervous about having you here, tonight."

"I shouldn't have insisted him, I just wanted to support him and not make things worse for him."

"I know."

"Please don't tell him about today." I said to Cole.

"I won't." He said, but quickly added. "Unless he ask."

I sighed, he pulled in front of a drive thru and asked if I wanted anything, I declined, politely, but he ordered somethings for me. As he chew on his burger and I sip the apple juice he said,

"Tell me about yourself."

"What you want to know?" I asked.

"How did you steal Elliot's heart? I thought he was heartless."

"I really don't know, myself. We never got a chance to speak about when we had feelings for each other."

"I see, Elliot is very personal about his feelings. He does not share much of how he feels and it seems like you are the same."

"What is the point of sharing how you feel with people who doesn't really care about you?"

"That's true, but bottling feelings is bad because one day that bottle will burst and explode into places, that you never expected to reach and hurt you more than you can imagine."

"We are in the stage of learning to trust each other and sharing things in hope of giving comfort to each other."

"That's perfect, it seems like you two are doing a good job."