Chapter 12: Golden Heart-Sleeved Dragonic Claws (1)

Searching for a weapon that suited them was going to be a little difficult considering they weren't sure if one had matched them or not. Only Senior Rong Kui could tell.

"That is. . ."

Yin Long stopped and looked at a pair of golden claws displayed on a fancy case near where the high-rank weapons were located. He approached them slowly feeling something overwhelming his control of emotions.

These couldn't be.

Why were they here?

A distant memory played in his mind where he was with another person whom he was close to. They were the best of friends and always took a walk at a lake together to chat about most things on life. One day out on their stroll they kept smiling, making him curious on what they were smiling about.

"What's going on? Why are you looking like you've seen something very pleasing." Yin Long smirks at the other who rolled their eyes at his words.

"Well I thought of something. How about I use my nails to make claws as a gift for you when you're over there?"

"Why would you use your nails? Shouldn't you use something else like your qi?"

"Because I want to leave a fragment of my self so you won't get lonely."

". . ." Yin Long shook his head. "Why? I have friends over there too so why would you think I'd be lonely?" He chuckles at the sight of his friend looking at him grumpily.

"I'll make a heart on it, so I'll be amused at what reactions will come to it."

"You dare?!"

"I dare."

They dared to make a heart and they did. The heart was designed to wrap around the sides of the hand to show elegance from within the middle point. The gold color reflected the right amount of light that made it bright to look at without being blinded. Even the sharp claws were made of gold.

Yin Long was looking at the finished product that his best friend made. But why was it here? Shouldn't his friend be nowhere here? There was no way they would have made this paired weapon.

He didn't know what the claws actually looked like but he clearly felt that they were the ones his friend made. There was one thing for certain: checking its power.

He slowly raised a hand towards the claws, attempting to identify its power with his own cultivated powers. It didn't react. Not until he touched them.

SHING!

An image of a golden figure appeared in his vision that smiled at him. It looked like it was waiting for him for a long time and he finally found it. Yin Long's body shook slightly as his face expressed difficulty of holding his emotions from wanting to reach for the figure.

The golden figure disappears and he then again sees the pair of golden claws in his view. There was no doubt about it that these were the ones made by them.

He picked them up and slips the claws onto his hands, looking at it from all directions before letting out a laugh of bitterness.

It was so feminine.

They made these claws for girls.

It was no wonder why they would want a heart on it. They purposely designed it this way for him to wear.

"Senior Brother Dong, I want those golden claws."

A girl with delicate beauty and a young man next to her wearing a sect uniform appeared in the weapon shop and looked at Yin Long who was holding the claws.

"Don't worry, Yaoyao. I will get them for you." Dong Min Lei assured his junior sister and walked up to Yin Long with a smile. "Kind sir, would you be generous to give those claws to my junior sister? She needs them to enter the Magical Martial Sect."

Magical Martial Sect?

Yin Long smirks at the sect disciple before him. "What if I say no? You do know this shop isn't ordinary and the owner had told me that I can choose any weapon here to see if they match me, and I believe these claws match me."

Dong Min Lei chuckles at him, looking at the feminine claws on his hands. "Those don't seem to suit males. You must had made a mistake." He believed this young man must be pretending just so he couldn't give it to his junior sister.

Yaoyao came over and smiles beautifully at Yin Long. "Young master, with this appearance of the claws, you wouldn't want to be embarrassed if people were to suspect your preferences don't you?" She spoke softly as if she portrayed the white lotus personality very well.

Believe it or not, he's already helpless from this girly appearance of them but he would never give it to anyone else. These were meant for him.

"I don't mind. As long the Golden Heart-Sleeved Dragonic Claws accept me, then I'm willing to look past its appearance." When Yin Long said its name, Dong Min Lei's face darkened and held Yaoyao's hand.

"Yaoyao, these golden claws aren't ordinary. The Golden Heart-Sleeved Dragonic Claws's abilities can only be activated by the one it's gifted for. It's said that these claws were made by a heavenly immortal who wanted to give them to his lover when they reincarnated. Thus they were displayed here just in case their reincarnated lover returns to accept their gift. If anyone other than their lover were to activate its powers, then their dantian will be broken."

Yaoyao who heard his words couldn't believe it. Their dantian will be broken? What kind of joke is that? A permanent injury to the dantian can only be done by a strong cultivator, and no other weapon could do that with mental power. This heavenly immortal must be joking about the weapon's ability.

"Senior Brother Dong, maybe the heavenly immortal is bluffing just so their lover could take it. What if their lover was either male or female? It could be anyone or an animal as well."

". . . ." Yin Long was speechless. What kind of description is that? What did his friend make this weapon out to be just so he could get it? Heavenly immortal? They were sure full of themselves when making and explaining its use.

"Brother Long, is there something wrong?" Lanying came over when she saw two people near him. "Did you choose. . .oh such beautiful claws!" She smiles at the beauty of the weapon, making Yaoyao squint her eyes at her.

"Or perhaps your sister is the heavenly immortal's lover?"

"Huh?" Lanying looked puzzled at the other girl's words. What lover was this young girl talking about? However besides her she felt Yin Long's intimidating presence and decided not to say anything.

"Or perhaps Yaoyao is. . ." Dong Min Lei trailed off, feeling bitter about what he thought. If Yaoyao was the reincarnated lover, then she could activate the heaven-defying abilities of the powerful claws but that would make her the lover of someone from a long time ago and he took her away from them. If she isn't the lover and her dantian shatters, he would be relieved but she would no longer cultivate. What choice should he make?

"Senior Brother Dong is right. I should give it a try to see if the Golden Heart-Sleeved Dragonic Claws match me!"

Her senior brother's words enlightened her. If she is the lover the heavenly immortal was looking for, how great would that be for her to wield such a precious weapon pair! Her status within the Magical Martial Sect would be high and she can marry Crown Prince Yang Le as his empress with that status! Senior Brother Dong was just a way for her to become an inner disciple of an elder but with this she can be successful!

"Young Master, I want to have a try with those heavenly claws. If I can activate the heavenly abilities of them then you must give them to me, if I can't then I'll let you have them." Yaoyao was confident that she was the reincarnation of the heavenly immortal's lover and could not wait to activate the powers.

Yin Long smiled a not-so-much smile while sneering in his mind. "Alright, that's a deal." He begins to take off the claws from his hands and gave it to the delicate-faced girl of the Magical Martial Sect.

The moment the excited Yaoyao slipped the claws on, she begins to channel her qi into them. Then she encounters a vision of a golden figure looking down at her.

Could it be, her past lover?!