0.20

Stormella

One week later

I'm not really sure what Luke has planned exactly. I figured I'd be here for a few days, we were going on a week and a half though. A week and a half of work that I had to miss, which I probably got fired from a couple of days ago. I wasn't making very much money from that job anyways but it was helping me get by. I have to pay rent and all that too.

I've tried talking to Luke about it but all he does is shrug it off. He tells me I can stay as long as I want, or that we'll talk about it later. I don't know when later is, but it sure seems like it might never be a thing.

I've spent a lot of time with the four boys, getting to know each of them just a little better. I even spent some time with Crystal while they were recording. We hung out in the cafeteria of the studio and had lunch. She told me a lot about the boys, and a little bit about Luke and his ex girlfriend who sounds like a huge bitch.

She didn't say much but she did mention how she didn't get along with her, which was fine until she started keeping Luke away from the boys. Apparently he missed a few recording sessions and even an interview because of her. She cause a few fights between the guys too which almost led to a break up of the band.

Now I understood why no one mentioned her.

Luke wasn't drinking nearly as much either, I tried to help keep him busy. We played a lot of Mario Kart.

I was having lots of fun hanging out with these guys but I also was starting to get nervous about my responsibilities at home.

Luke was playing the piano in the living room, singing along quietly as he did so.

I emerged from his room, walking over and standing beside him as he played.

He glanced to me and smiled as he continued through the song. His long fingers danced around the keys as they found the notes. He was so talented.

"Yes darling?" He asked as he finished the song, looking up at me through his messy curly hair.

"Luke, I'm really grateful that you and your friends have been so welcoming but, I have responsibilities back home." I said quietly.

He patted the empty space on the piano bench beside him. I sat down and turned so I could see him.

"What kind of responsibilities?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes.

"A job, bills." I said in a soft but sharp tone.

He put a hand on my shoulder and sighed.

"I know, I've been kind of selfish keeping you here. It's just easier for me to control my drinking when you're around. The guys try to help and they end up getting too frustrated."

I was a little surprised by his honesty.

"I'll get you a plane ticket back if you'd like." He said, pausing for a second. "Or, I could pay your bills for you this month and you could stay with me for a little longer."

There was something about his tone that seemed desperate and needy, but at the same time, not at all.

His offer was nice but I just couldn't accept it.

"Luke, I could never ask you to do that."

"You don't need to ask me, I'll do it anyways." He said hold both of my shoulders lightly.

"No. Thank you but no."

"You don't want to stay?" He said so quietly I could barely hear him.

"I do want to stay, I'm having a great time, I just don't want you to have to pay my bills for me."

"Stormella, I have more than enough money for myself, I could definitely spare what, at most a thousand dollars for your rent."

I shook my head, it just didn't feel right to me.

"Friends help each other. I drug you out here, the least I could do is pay your rent this month. Not to mention the fact that you probably won't have a job anymore."

I sighed. I knew he was right, my boss did not tolerate no shows.

"I'll pay your rent this month okay, if you really want to go back you can, but you are welcome to stay for as long as you want. We don't start touring for another two months."

I leaned against him slightly as I fought with myself.

"Thank you Luke." I said sincerely. "You're a really good friend. I'll make a decision on when I'm leaving in a couple of days."

A smile lit up his face as he pulled me into a tight hug.

"The guys will be so excited."

Luke

I made a huge dinner to celebrate.

I waited until Stormella was in the shower and began cooking. I was hardly a chef.

The dinner consisted of macaroni and cheese, a salad, and chicken. The three things I knew how to make.

I was so happy she was planning on staying at least a few more days. She was helping clear my mind from all of the dark clouds that wanted to rain down all the time.

I had messaged the boys the news and they all were excited and made sure to remind me of the recording session we have tomorrow. I responded with okay.

Stormella was out of the shower shortly after that. She smelled like strawberries and coconut. She was wearing a striped shirt and black leggings. Her hair was still wet as she entered the kitchen.

"Surprise." I shouted happily as she looked at all the food.

"Princess, you can cook?" She asked in disbelief.

"Barely, you might get sick from it, you might not. That's the fun part." I laughed as I handed her a plate.

"Thank you Luke." She smiled as she started filling her plate.

I ran to the fridge and pulled out two water bottles.

I sat one in front of her and one I front of my spot.

"These are fancy." She laughed as she looked at the bottle.

"Only the finest things for my friends."

She rolled her eyes playfully.

"Right."

I began filling my plate once she started eating, she wasn't spitting it out so it must be okay, so far.

"What do we have planned for tomorrow?" She asked as I took a bite of chicken.

"Tomorrow the guys and I will be in the studio recording, I'll be home in the evening. If you want to stay here you can, Crystal isn't going."

She nodded.

"I'll just stay here than. Petunia needs someone to pet her."

"Oh yea, you can take a nap with her too. She will love that."

"We'll see."

.....

Hey guys, short chapter, bare with me though.