fourteen

《CHAPTER FOURTEEN》
*roughly 12 months since Carter's first training session*

《CHAPTER FOURTEEN》*roughly 12 months since Carter's first training session*

CARTER WAS TOLD to wait outside a large auditorium. Tony was in there, making some kid of speech. She was immensely bored, due to the fact that she had been waiting there for well over an hour. She had ussd the time to practise with portals, moving herself up and down the corridor. She also practised the stair portals, hoping to improve on them in case she needed them any time soon. He technically hadn't made her wait right there for him, but she had no idea when he would be finished and he said to meet him there when it was over, so she just waited.

When he finally exited, he came across her, a sad and distant look on his face.

Carter immediately appeared right in front of him when she saw him.

"What's so important that you made me waitt here for two hours?"

He shook his head, breaking himself out of whatever thoughts were previously going through his head.

"Follow me."

~\☆/~

Tony had gotten on his suit and flown Carter to a doughnut store. Of course, Carter didn't know what a store or doughnuts were, but he explained everything as they walked in.

"Well, kid, since we don't know when your birthday is, I thought we'd choose a random day. So congratulations, you're officially ten today!"

"I still don't get what 'doughnuts' or 'store' has to do with this."

"Gee, kid, can't you just be grateful for once? Doughnuts are a delicious sugary food, stores are where you buy things."

They reached the counter. "I'll take one of each."

The man behind the counter's eyes widened when he saw Tony. "O-of course, sir."

When the doughnuts were ready, Tony took the boxes and flew them back to the avengers facility. Before taking off, Carter noticed many people holding strange contraptions that produced bright lights were pointing at her and Tony. They were asking a lot of questions, such as "what's the real story of what happened in Sokovia, Mr Stark?", "is it true that you're the result of countless deaths?" And "is this your daughter?"

But Tony just shrugged them off, saying "I've got no time for autographs today, fellas." and took off.

When they got back to the avengers facility, they went into the kitchen. Tony took the boxes to the big table in the middle, opening them.