Chapter 10

LENAS POV

It's been 2 weeks since Kara told me she's Supergirl. I think it's safe to say I've lost all self control. I don't know what I'm doing anymore. I've been betrayed by everyone I've ever met. I would've never thought my best friend would do that to me. You know? But she did. I hate to say that I'm used to it.

I've even had a visit from Alex. The first half of the conversation was her saying how sorry she was. The other half was how I needed to get back to the DEO and do something useful for the world instead of sitting around drinking my feelings.

She told me something which to me was really kind and I don't think I'll forget those words. She said, "Kara Danvers is my favourite person. And she has saved me more times than Supergirl ever has." Which thinking about it now. I relate to her in a way. But I don't know if I can forgive Kara for what she's done to me.

She was right. I needed to do that. I haven't seen Kara in two weeks though. How can I face her? I don't think I can. But maybe I should just put our differences to the side. The world is more important. Kind of. Who knows.

THE NEXT DAY
LENAS POV

First day back at the DEO. Scared? Yes. Probably going to be emotional? Yes. One thousand percent. On both of those.

I finally got to the top of the DEO floor and everyone there was welcoming me back. I told them I was seriously ill. So that was a save, I guess. And that's when I saw her. Talking to J'onn about something that had just gone on down town.

They were arguing about something. But I just froze instead of listening, if I'm honest. Kara had turned around and looked straight at me. We had no idea what to do. I snapped out of my gaze and quickly walked to my lab. What. In. The. World. I hated that. I hated it. We just stood there. Looking at each other. That moment was all I could think of whilst setting up my equipment.

Although, my thoughts got cut off by someone walking slowly towards my room. I saw red. I saw blue. It was Kara.

"Mind if I come in?" She asked, she sounded nervous.

I nodded.

She hesitated before she walked in.

"I need to explain myself." She told me whilst looking down at the floor.

"What I did was.. horrible. I made a mistake and I'm sorry. If I could take it all back then I would. I have so much to say but I mean you probably don't want to hear it. Because you know, I've hurt you and everything. Look, Lena.. I know you hate me for what I've done. And I know you told me you never wanted to talk to me again, and all the other things you told me, I just really needed to see you. And I guess, if you want the real real reason why I didn't tell you just ask whenever you need too. Please?"

"Okay. What is the real reason you didn't tell me then, Kara?" I asked, focused on something other than her.

I looked up to her and I could see she was about to break down in front of me. Looking at her like that, there was just a part of me that needed to go and hug her. Another part, well she doesn't concern me anymore so why should I care?

She got an alert which was clearly fake as none of the DEO agents were acting like a big problem had happened.

"I.. I'm sorry Lena I have to go. J'onn and Alex needs me."

"Yes, of course they do. Such a convenient time right Kara? This is why I can't believe you. Because you tell me things and they're always lies! This is stupid. If you can't tell me the truth then don't communicate with me. I've had enough, Kara. I'm done with you, I'm done with Supergirl. I'm done with this. Whatever happens next is on you. Not me. Now you should just go." I said angrily.

Wow. I really did that. It was completely understandable why I said all of that though. But necessary? Ugh. Who knows at this point.

She walked out as fast as she could without using her powers.

And that was the end of it. The tension between us, it was horrible. I hated it. But I need to not care. I really needed that.

I was mad she left, in all honestly I thought she'd stay. Fight for me. Fight for us. If there was an us. But she didn't. She just left. Okay.

A FEW HOURS LATER

I was still working in my lab. It was a special device to try and stop Kryptonite from hurting Kara. We weren't friends anymore, of course, but National City needs their hero. And then my work was cut off by Alex walking in quite hastily, actually. I looked up fast.

"What in the world?! You really did that to Kara?! You shouted at her like she meant nothing to you those past three years? After everything she's done for you, you just stab her in the back and make her look like the bad person? It was just a small thing. You're acting like your whole world was crushed when it wasn't! She kept you safe. She protected you. She did everything for you. You're the bad person, Lena. You're a-" was all she managed to say before Kara walked in.

"Alex! Leave her alone." Kara shouted as she pulled her sister out of the room.

It looked like they were having a feisty conversation out there, well that was until Alex stormed away before Kara could finish her sentence.

She looked at me from outside and mouthed the words "I'm sorry" to me. And then walked away.

A crazy crazy night. I did not expect this at my first day back in a while. Not at all. I packed everything away and headed home, I was definitely done for the day. That was so horrible.

————————————————————————
A/N
so this chapter was over 1000 words long, i'm planning to write longer chapters like this one for you guys, if you think that's a good idea? my previous chapters have been around 500+ words long so i want to make them longer and more interesting for you all! and thank you so much for nearly 400 reads. you guys are absolutely insane! it means the so much to me <3 - j x