Personality Dissection

Author's Note: Comment if it is working...that last one wasn't...so I just reuploaded it! (:

EDIT: ok this is so funny but when I wrote this Uber was not a thing and now its 2020 so it clearly is lmao

Harry Styles

I wasn't sure if it was actually a good idea to bring a taken woman to my house, but I didn't really care to give a shit at this very moment. This was Samantha, it is not like I was about to go have sex with her. First, she was an employee. Second, she was Samantha. And Samantha was certainly not my type. 

"Mr. Styles, seriously, I just want to go home. I'll call a taxi," Samantha said, her eyes drooping from exhaustion. Her words weren't completely honest, you could tell she just wanted to sleep. No matter where it was. 

"Samantha, shut up and get out of the car," I said, slightly pushing her out. We were standing in front of the building where my loft was located. Samantha's heels were pulled off and she followed me indoors, not even bothering to fight me. I wasn't someone to fight with at 3 in the morning. 

She wasn't in the right place to tell me to drop her off at home, anyways. She called me, not the other way around. 

My doorman opened the door, saying his usual polite 'hello.' I, as usual, ignored him. 

Samantha did not.

"Thank you so much," Samantha said, grinning at the doorman. "Have a nice night." 

He looked shocked at Samantha's words, but returned her smile with an eager grin. 

"Thank you, dear, you as well," he said, nodding his head. I rolled my eyes as I dragged her inside of the building.

"Do you have to stop and talk to every person?" I snapped, stepping into the elevator. 

She groaned, "Harry, I stopped to talk to one person...I hardly call that everyone." 

Her constant sass and her constant need to get the last word in was annoying me to no end. Not that she seemed to mind. I wouldn't consider our relationship necessarily business, it had become a bit more than that. More like arch nemesis-es that stayed at one another's house. 

I didn't respond to her words, but instead, stood in my place in the elevator tapping my foot and waiting for the steel elevator to reach my floor. 

"Ignoring me isn't going to solve any problems," Samantha said. I didn't look at her, but I could just imagine the sarcastic smile that stood on her face. 

"Pissing off your boss isn't going to get you very far," I said, finally giving into a response. 

She snorted, "Yeah, because our 'relationship,'" she said, putting the words in air quotations, "isn't exactly just business at this point." 

"Why do you say that? How do you know that I don't pick up all of my employees at three in the morning?" I said, raising my eyebrows. 

"Because you're Harry Styles and you don't do shit for anyone, even your employees," Samantha said, crossing her arms and leaning next to me.

I began to speak, my glare digging into her, but she interrupted me. 

"I'm not saying it's a bad thing, Harry, I'm just saying you don't seem like the type to put others before yourself. It's your personality and it has probably been the reason that you're living in the most expensive apartment complex in New York," she said, shrugging. 

This girl knew nothing. She knew nothing about me. Or how I felt. Or anything for that matter. 

"Samantha Anderson, do not act like you know a single thing about me," I said sharply, my glare deepening. I didn't appreciated the personality dissection. 

"I'm not saying I do know a single thing about you," Samantha answered calmly, her body language comfortable and natural, like she wasn't fazed by my loud voice and angry tone. "I'm just saying I've noticed this habit in you." 

This God damn girl wasn't going to let up. So, I ignored her. Not wanting to get in a shouting match in the elevator. 

 We stood in silence as we reached the top floor, my home. When the elevator doors opened, we were welcomed with my clean, modern loft. Personally, I loved my apartment. But I knew a lot of people wouldn't like the unwelcoming vibe it gave. 

But I wasn't 'a lot of people'.

And, apparently neither was Samantha.

"Wow, I love it, Harry. This is seriously chic. Is that the same light fixture Jay-Z has in his New York home? Wouldn't surprise me, I mean you're both, like, gabillionaires," she chuckled, plopping her purse and shoes off, making herself at home. 

For just a second it felt like the apartment wasn't just a place I lived. But instead a home. 

For just a second, of course. 

"Please, make yourself at home," I said, sarcasm dripping through my voice. 

"Oh, I will," Samantha answered, a small giggle erupting from her mouth. When I flicked on the light, I noticed that her blonde hair was messy and her make-up was smeared, someone needed a trip to the mirror and bathroom. 

"You should get cleaned up, you look a mess," I told her, stepping away from the foyer and into the first living room. "You can use my bathroom."

"Where is it?" she asked, following me into the living room. Her hands were on her hips and she looked even more exhausted than she had just moments ago. 

"First door on the right in my bedroom, the bathroom is connected to it," I told her as I stretched out onto the couch. 

She thinks she's exhausted? Try getting woken up at three in the morning to pick up some girl's sorry ass. Now that's exhausting. 

"Okay," she said, I could hear her footsteps growing quieter and finally the shut of the door. I breathed out deeply, my heart finally slowing down and racing stopping. 

It wasn't Samantha that was making my heart beat so fast, it was the stress of being with her. Not only did she annoy me, but she stressed me out. Jeez, this girl was a damn head case.

~

I must have drifted off as she was getting ready, because I was awoken by Samantha shaking me. 

"Mr. Styles, go sleep in your bed, I'll sleep here," Samantha said, her face clear of make-up and her hair pulled back into a smooth ponytail.

"No," I said drowsily. "You can stay in one of the extra bedrooms."

I stood up, yawning and stretching my arms. We walked through the house, her slight pidder padder following after me. I opened the door to the first guest room, gesturing inside, "You can sleep here." 

"Thank you," she said, looking at me as she entered. She hesitated before turning around and staring into my eyes. "For everything, really." 

I ignored her, but slightly smiled at her.

I left the room and went back into my room. Another night of a lonely sleep. 

Author's Note: Hope you guys liked this chapter! Please, please comment and vote for this chapter...it would mean the world! Enjoy this chapter of bae (: