Chapter 18: "Leather? Kinky."

status: unedited

status: unedited

▪︎ ♡ ▪︎ ♡ ▪︎ ♡ ▪︎ ♡ ▪︎ ♡ ▪︎ ♡ ▪︎ ♡ ▪︎ ♡ ▪︎

After hailing a cab, I realise I still need some clothes in case I'm going to be staying at the Academy for a few days. I also apparently need to pick up Klaus, who probably hasn't heard the news. After informing the driver, he quickly changes direction and I return to my condominium less than an hour after leaving it. 

When I walk into the lobby, everyone there turns their gaze to me and immediately start whispering. Keeping my head down, I just take the elevator up to my apartment, trying my best to block out the mutterings. Unlocking the door, I rush inside into my bedroom. Klaus, who was reclining on the sofa and watching some soap opera, notices my mood and follows me. I hurriedly stuff all sorts of clothes into my bag, not really caring whether they match. "Sis? What are you doing?", Number Four asks concernedly. "Dad's dead," I reply without looking up. He claps his hands together and skips around my room, cheering "Ding dong, the witch is dead!" When he finally quietens down, I've finished packing my suitcase and I say "Let's go." "Where?", he asks confusedly. I snap my fingers in his face "Dad. Is. Dead. There's obviously going to be a funeral, so we have to go back to the Academy." Klaus makes a noise of disgust but follows me out of the apartment anyway. 

As I exit the condo, my adopted brother whines "Can't we drive?" I scoff "No way. You know I don't have a car." 

"Oh yeah, because of-" 

"Klaus, do me a favour and please shut up." 

"Sheesh, someone's grouchy." 

I shoot him a glare and he mimes locking his mouth and throwing away the key. A taxi stops in front of us and the two of us hop in. After I tell the driver the address, he speeds off, definitely past the speed limit. He's probably worried Klaus and I are going to unleash our powers on him or something. After all, that's all we are to the rest of the world. "Freaks." "Huh?" "Sorry, I didn't mean to say that out loud." Klaus nods knowingly before continuing dramatically "So, are you excited to see our long-lost sibs, Y/N?" I cover my eyes and slide down in the seat "Oh yeah. I forgot I'll have to see them. Vanya's alright and Allison and Luther will most likely be busy making out, but Diego's turned into a little brat if I'm being honest." Number Four grins chirpily "Oooh, spill the tea sista!" "Last I saw him was about a week ago. He's turned into some sort of leather wearing vigilante." "Leather? Kinky." I fall off my chair with laughter and the driver turns to look at us. He's about to yell at us but I quickly transform into him and stare him down. He faces the front again and continues driving, occasionally glancing nervously at the backseat mirror. 

Luckily, we arrive soon enough and I pay the haggard driver, making sure to tip him generously. After unloading my bag, I stare at the mansion, its foreboding turrets towering into the sky. The sky has turned to a cloudy grey, and the place gives off an extremely unwelcoming vibe. "Let's get this thing over with," I sigh before heading inside.