Chapter 37

Venessa's P.O.V

Opening my eyes, I couldn't help but wince by how my head is throbbing with pain. Sitting up, I look at my surroundings and feel my hands shake and my heart starts to pounder. I'm definitely not at mine and Vincent's room.

Maybe it's just a nightmare, and it will be over soon, just stay calm.

I tried to calm myself by telling it's just a nightmare, but I know I'm just fooling myself. It's not a nightmare, but a reality. I have to face the reality that I trusted the wrong person, the person whom I thought was a friend, but friends don't kidnap each other for fun.

As I get up from the bed, I can't help but feel thankful that at least they didn't tie me up in a chair but lay me in the bed while I'm unconscious. I searched my body for any type of injuries, which I found none except for the bruises on my wrists and on my shoulder blades that I got while fighting Andrew at the car.

The room's pretty decent, it has a double-sized bed with a bathroom attached, but the only problem is that it's dark in here and the night is not helping at all. I walk over to the window looking for any means of escape, but it looks like I'm really unlucky. It's locked as well as the door.

Well, you can't really expect them to keep the windows and door open, Can you? They're keeping you as a hostage, my dear. Hissed inner Venessa, completely annoyed by my idiotic behavior. But what can I do?, my brain shuts down every time I need it. Plus, I'm starving.

Sitting at the edge of the bed, I waited for anyone to come inside. I don't get it if they kidnapped me, but why am I not tied up and why aren't they beating me. I mean, not that I'm complaining, I'm just wondering. I think I should be thankful.

How long have I been here?, does Vincent even know that I'm missing? Is he looking for me?. How long will I have to stay here, I'm getting suffocated. Questions ran inside my head, dying for answers, but I got no one here with me to answer them.

Sighing, I can't help but wish I can get out of here as soon as possible. I'm hungry and cold, plus, I'm sleepy, but I don't want to go back to sleep. I just want to go home, nothing else.

The door in front of me burst open, making me jump due to the sudden loud noise. I squinted my eyes together trying to see who it is, but the room is dark and the only source of light is from outside making the outline of the person more visible. I can only see his shadow, but I think I already know who it is.

"I see that you're already up, princess," says the voice that I wish to never hear again. I'm too tempted to close my ear, but I can't do that.

"Wait till Vincent finds me, you'll be dead" I hissed at him, venom lacing in my voice. Just a mere sight of him disgusts me. I can't believe that I trusted this shithead.

He advances towards me and I can see his jaw clenching together from where I'm sitting. I gulped knowing I angered him but I'm not backing down, I would fight and show that I'm not someone he can mess with whenever he wants. Maybe he's forgetting who's wife I am.

"Oh really? How can you be so sure that your bastard of a husband will come for you especially when he's busy with some h*o?", he sneered grabbing a handful of my hair towards him.

My eyes watered, making me want to scream out in pain, but I don't want to give him the satisfaction of seeing me in pain.

"You don't know what you're talking about, Andrew. My Vincent will come and get me, and I'll make sure that he kills you. Just wait" I snapped at him, not wanting the tears to fall from my eyes.

He let go of my hair, with anger evident in his eyes. I want to get away from him, but my pride is not letting me. He slapped my cheek with full force, making my head tilt to the right. I can hear my ears ringing and my eyes watered. There will definitely be a bruise.

"Do you know how long you have been here?" He questioned again, gripping my hair but this time tighter and it feels like my scalp is going to be ripped. I shake my head no, not wanting to open my mouth, afraid that a sob will come out.

"Five hours. Five fu***** hours. Do you think that your beloved husband would take five hours to find you? If he really wants you back, then he would've come and rescued you every minute that you arrived here." Andrew fumed, gripping my hair tighter, and this time I couldn't stop the whimper coming out. It hurts.

Whatever Andrew said is true, but I don't want to believe it. I willed myself not to believe it. I know he'll come for me. But what's taking him so long, I can no longer bear this disgusted man in front of me. Please come soon, I need you.

But what if he doesn't come? What if Andrew is right that he's busy with some girl?