thirty three.

"Stay away from her!"

Jesenia jumped in front of me as if she could take Milo all by herself, the hallway filled with just the three of us in a spontaneous reunion I could've gone without.

"What? Why, Isis can we talk?" Milo asked, his expression confused by the fear that showed on my face.

My wave of confidence was gone, and seeing Milo felt like I had said his name three times to make him appear.

"No, just forget you ever saw me" I told him before turning away.

"I can't. Isis, just talk to me!"

"Go away, you're lucky we don't call security on your bitch ass, cabron!" Jesenia spat.

I smirked at the fact that despite our current not so good terms that she was riding hard for me, but that only triggered Milo. I would think he wouldn't be stupid enough to attack either one of us at such a large event, and apart of me knew it infuriated him that he couldn't capture me and knock me out like he had done before.

"We had an agreement" he replied, his voice emotionless as if he switched off just that quick, "And I don't remember voiding my side of the deal.
Unless you plan on giving me my money back"

"Please, puto. That money is long gone, and we earned it especially the amount of times we stretched that hole. Freak ass" She snickered.

Milo's eyebrows dived into his forehead at her teasing, telling me furthermore that he hated any form of disrespect. That, was one of his demons. I wasn't sure if that was with everyone or just women, which made his other dark side come out.

"Look Milo, let's just call it even" I spoke up, "Things just didn't work out, bad business deal. Cool?"

His laughed mimicked that of a villain, low and evil and he ran his tongue over his pearly white teeth. The same teeth that smiled at me only months before, that would later trick me into thinking Milo would be my first chance at love, not infatuation. However I was wrong, and just like a true demon he shape shifted and crawled his way under my bed when I wasn't looking.

"Not cool. You're coming with me, Isis. Who can take care of you like I can?"

Milo made his way closer, and like I knew how to do best I picked up my feet and ran. I didn't look back to see if he was behind me, only to make sure Jesenia was keeping up and indeed she was. We crammed our way into the crowd to lose the deranged man, rubbing elbows of a plethora of people that would hopefully camouflage us.

"I think we lost him" Jesenia panted, tapping my arm to stop me from moving through the crowd.

"You sure?" I asked checking our surroundings and it seemed as though she was right.

"Yeah. For now anyway, you need to find Jhonny and tell him to get Milo out of here"

"I don't want to involve him" I said earning a set of wide eyes from Jesenia.

"Are you kidding? Did you see the way he was looking at you?"

"Yes, but ~"

The loud sound of arguing interrupted my sentence and of course it was a drunken Nova who was the culprit. I widened my eyes, suddenly remembering my failed attempt to sober her up before Jhonny witnessed how much she was enjoying the bottomless liquor. It was too late now.

"That's a damn shame" Salita said walking up and shaking her head, "Can't take bitches no where"

"Who is she arguing with?" I asked, dodging my head and trying to find a glimpse of the situation.