Chapter 12 (edited)

I couldn't sleep all night. I was so scared of everything from not being able to explain everything correctly to him to losing him and worse not even getting a chance to explain myself. I need to figure something out before it's too late. And I want to help his family whether he wants to stay or......or not.

It's been 2 hours. 2 hours of just tossing and turning in bed with no trace of sleep in my eyes. I can't take it anymore. Any other night I would have taken this opportunity to read some book but not tonight I have to do something far more important.

I picked up my laptop and start looking for Adrien on social media. He must have an account. (If you say that everyone has accounts on social media, not me. I didn't have time to do anything remotely personal in past two years. The only reason I still have friends is that I only had boys with me since growing up.) 

I found his profile, God he's famous. Not that I'm surprised or anything Of course, he was in the team he bound to have many friends. Many "girl" friends. I completely forgot to ask him about that..... that girl. I hope she's not something serious.
Let's check his relationship status. (Yes I'm stalking him but it's different.) He is about her.

I don't know what to do now. "What do you mean? He's our mate. She can't have him? " Flicker growled at me.

" Yes, he's our mate. But he's not our property, we can't just claim him.

"I silently reasoned with her. " Why can't we claim him as ours. Isn't it what people supposed to do when they find their mate," she argued back. 

" We don't even know what it's like for him. If he feels the pull or not. What mate bond is for him? And if he didn't feel anything for us then what's the point of any of this. " I said hoping I'm wrong.

" So we will just watch him leave. Leave to that bitch while we stay here alone. Forever alone. " Flicker whispered.

I can feel tears falling from my eyes. I can't bear the thought of my mate loving someone else but I won't force this bond on him. If he didn't feel the pull it's not his fault then why would he suffer for this. "Don't worry Flicker, I'm still going to talk to him about everything. But it would be his choice whether we get a chance or not. " I assured her. But she blocked me out and went in a deep corner of my head. I sighed. I still need to find a way to help his family.

I have been sitting in the kitchen ( I got hungry while thinking) the whole night, well technically it's still night as it's 4 am.

" Are you sleeping.? " Jay mind linked me.

" Yes, Jay I'm sleeping," I replied sarcastically.

" He,y no need to be rude. I stayed up all night just to find all the information about your mate. And I also had to hide from Tyler. " He said.

" Sorry dud. You know I love you. " I said.

" Ye,s I know. " He said rolling his eyes at me as he was standing in front of me.

" How did you get in? " I asked him.

" You gave me the key. Years ago. " He said and sat down on the stool next to mine. " How long have you been up? "

"All night. " I said.

" Figured your reflexes aren't that sharp," he said amused with himself. I growled at him and he showed me a file.

" Here's everything I could find on your mate. He lives with his mother and two sisters. No father in the picture. He died 10 yrs ago. Since then his mother has to work a double shift and your mate has to take responsibility for taking care of his younger sisters who were 5 and 2 yr old at that time. He is in his school team and from an outsider view, he is your typical jock. But he's smart and aced all his classes and most importantly never been a bully," Jay told me but I knew he was holding something back.

So I asked, " What is I,t Jay?"

"He's been in a relationship with head cheerleader Stacy McCall for almost 2 years. " He sighed looking at me with concern.

" I already knew it. " I said looking at my hands. Thankfully jay didn't say anything after that just hugged me.

"So what could we do for his family? " I asked taking a deep breath to calm my nerves.

" As his father died in a car accident, hit and run specifically. And they didn't catch the driver. We send some money as an anonymous donor on monthly basis. It would appear that driver is feeling remorse for his actions. " He suggested.

" It's a good idea but how would they connect it with that accident. It's been old news as it happened 10 years ago. " I asked.

" Yesterday was his father's death anniversary. So I send an amount of 10 thousand dollars in his mother's account and a bouquet to his father's grave. " He said.

" Thank you,u Jay. What would I do without you? " I said with tear-filled eyes.

" You'll fail and might even go crazy handling your brother and Tyler alone. " He chuckled.

Jay left after an hour a  He did a great job. He gathered all the information and he did come up with a great idea regarding money. Now I can continue sending them help, even if he decided he didn't want to see me ever again.

" Don't tell me you've been up all night," said Kyle as he entered the kitchen.

"Okay, I won't tell you. What are you doing this early by the way?" I asked him diverting his attention from me.

" You know I'm ahead warrior. I have to train warriors and my training routine usually starts in the morning. Haven't you notice this before. " He asked looking me like I'm an idiot. Maybe I am.

"No, I didn't know this. I always think of you as someone who wakes up at 11 or even late. " I said.

" You hurt my feelings sister. " He said faking hurt by putting a hand on his chest. I just rolled my eyes at his childish behaviour.

" Don't you think that I don't know what you are doing? You might be alpha of the pack but to me, you're still my baby sister. And I know when you spend a sleepless night. " He said this time looking hurt.

" I know you care about me and want to protect me from this big bad world. But there are some things that no one can control. I'll be fine. Don't worry. " I said hugging him.

" Now go train your warriors. " I said as I pulled away from him.

He kissed me on my forehead and left. I know he felt protective for and it's not just him Jay and Tyler are the same. They could tease me, irritate the hell out of me. But no one else can even raise a finger toward me or they would have to face the wrath of my boys. That's why I don't want Tyler to know he takes things to whole another level. And dad... Dad is far worse. He never let any guy look at me in my whole life, that's one of the reasons why I didn't have any other friend. He could lock me in a tower to keep me safe from boys. It's like I could be part of the war but I can't go on a date.

I must be thinking for a long time as the next thing I know my trance is broken by a voice, " Good morning ".