Chapter 31 | A New Reality

𝐍 𝐎 𝐀 𝐇 ' 𝐒 𝐏 𝐎 𝐕

"I shouldn't have eaten so much at Christmas and New Year."

Dylan lays flat out on a bench inside the locker room, a sheen of sweat covering his body as he pants like a dog after training. Two days until the championship game, coach has been riding us extremely hard. Trying to get us back into shape after the Christmas holidays. Clearly something Dylan needed.

"Yeah, that's the reason. Not the fact you lived on the couch playing video games," Aiden rolls his eyes, throwing his duffle over his shoulder.

"Don't judge me!" Dylan shouts, sitting up finally and his eyes widening when he sees us all dressed. "How long have I been lied down for?"

"Movie night at yours still?" Nick questions, tapping away on his phone, more than likely to Liv.

"Yeah. Aiden you can wait for Dylan to change. I'm going to head off and see Ava at work before we head over together," I throw on my jacket.

A week has passed since mine and Ava's date. In that time I asked her to be my girlfriend after Dylan called her that when we were all together. Meaning Ava and I had to have that awkward conversation of whether we were or not. We were. News had spread around campus that Ava and I are together. Something that shocked everyone considering my "celibacy" streak people assumed I was taking. My family were ecstatic, which didn't surprise me at all and Ava said her dad was happy too. Even though he insisted on meeting me in person to interrogate me.

"Yeah yeah, ditch me for your girlfriend. Why am I the one stuck babysitting his ass?" Aiden questions and I pat his shoulder before saying goodbye and heading out.

Heading out of the building, I make my way through campus to the bar Ava works at. Having taken more shifts to save up in order to go home for her mom's anniversary in a few months, she has been working late nights lately. But she finishes earlier than usual today so that we can all have a movie night at my apartment. Opening the door to the bar, the crowded place isn't a surprise. No matter what day it is, students will be drinking. Smiling as I see Ava at the bar talking to Matteo as he prepares drinks, I head over, wrapping my arms around her waist from behind and kissing her neck.

"Hi baby."

She turns her head allowing me to place a kiss to her lips as she smiles. "Hey, how was practice?" Ava flashes me a smile, turning around in my arms.

"The usual, Dylan was passed out by the end of it," I chuckle, and she rolls her eyes. "Hey Matteo."

"Ava's boyfriend," Matteo smirks and Ava rolls her eyes. "You know, fun fact. That first night you met in here, she specifically told me she will not date a football player."

"Don't you dare say anything," Ava points at me and I chuckle, kissing her head.

"When do you finish?"

Ava looks at the watch on my wrist. "Thirty minutes."

I nod my head, keeping my arms wrapped around her as she places the drinks on the tray. Something she complains I'm preventing her from doing with my arms wrapped around her, but she seems to be doing just fine. My eyes scan the bar, seeing people looking over in our direction. The news of our relationship is still new, everyone questioning what special powers Ava has in order to get me to date. Ava looks to me, seeing my eyes wandering to people.

"You know, apparently I'm a witch," Ava smirks, seeing my gaze on those people who are staring at us.

"She's also had questions about how she must be magical in bed in order to get you to date again," Matteo rolls his eyes and I raise my eyebrow. "Don't worry I don't serve those guys."