36

♥️

Dinner was... interesting.

Aiden holds the door open for me as we step inside my mom's house. I'm glad we had dinner early so it will still be somewhat light out on our way back to the city. My mom stayed to help Regina clean up so we're going to wait to say goodbye to her.

Aiden grabs my bags from my room after I pack and brings them downstairs, I admire him as he walks around the house looking at all of the photos of me as a child.

My stomach begins to hurt as he picks up my favorite picture off the mantel. He examines the photo of me, dad, and mom. We were camping that summer and I was about twelve. My awkward bangs sat above my cheesy grin and my parents looked so proud on either side of me. It was the last vacation we went on together before he passed away.

Aiden walks over to me with the picture in his hands. "Love the bangs." He jokes and I can't help the giggle that escapes my throat. Then his voice turns more serious. "I'm sorry about your father, I don't know anything. But Ashley had mentioned his passing when I was asking her everything about you." He gives me a weak smile.

"Thanks, it's okay." I give my usual response.

He walks over to the mantel and carefully sits it back down before returning to me and pulling me in a tight hug. "Don't do that with me, it's not okay. Fuck okay." He pulls me back to study my face. "You never have to pretend with me. It fucking sucks losing a parent, trust me. I know."

I felt extremely selfish; is he talking about his mom? I know his dad's alive... How could I not know this?

I look up at him trying to figure out what to say.

"I know you didn't know, don't feel bad for not knowing." He smiles at me and my heart breaks for him, for us. "I don't talk about it and Ashley wouldn't have told you because I don't like anyone knowing my business. Things have changed." He laughs and I want to ask a question out of curiosity, I hope it doesn't upset him.

I look down at his black boots and take a deep breath, he cups my face and lifts it to his. "You can ask." He encourages and I nod.

"How?"

"Car accident." He sighs. "After a fight with my piece of shit father. If she wouldn't have kept coming back to him, she wouldn't have even been there. It was raining and she was so upset, I wasn't there..." He isn't looking at me anymore but to the side. His profile is haunting as he remembers something as tragic as losing his mom.

Who could understand me more than him?

"Thank you." I say to him genuinely. "And I'm sorry you lost your mom." I add with a kiss to his cheek. He holds me for a moment, and I want to tell him about my loss. So, we can share the burdens together.

I suck in a deep breath. "About my dad-"He cuts me off." Baby girl, you don't have too. I just... I just wanted you to know more about me." He shrugs and I don't take his confiding in me lightly.

I give him a weak smile. "I want the same."

I count to three. "He was a cop, a good one at that." I remember how proud I was attending awards ceremonies and watching as they would decorate his uniform with another pin. "You would think with the career he had and how many bad people he put away that some cosmic force would give him good Karma and let him live a long life."

I can feel the tears welling "But, it didn't work that way and he lost his life at the hands of a drunk. He didn't go down in some glorious poetic fashion. It was a routine call he went on when he was working late, a domestic dispute." I hold back my tears, proud of myself for getting this far. "When he got there the husband shot him and left him in the street. Just left him there, it was winter, and his body was covered in snow when they found him. He died all alone." Sobs escape me and I clutch onto Aiden's chest as he holds me close to him, he smooths my hair out and tells me it will all be okay. I believe him.

We stand together for a while, exchanging nothing but a silent crushing hug. No words need to be spoken.

Aiden helps me grab my things and he places them in my trunk. He offers to drive me back to Portland and get someone to tow the car but I refuse, he doesn't need to spend more money on me.

In a dramatic fashion I see my mother stomping across the street with a fury that scares me a little, did she notice I was ignoring Caleb? I didn't want to make Aiden jealous no matter how cute he is when he's being protective.

"Emilia Achelois Banks!" She scolds and Aiden raises and amused eyebrow at me, I shake my head at her using my full name.

"Were you leaving without saying goodbye?" She places her hands on her hips and I have to stifle a laugh at her serious expression.

"Mom." I step and wrap her in a hug "Of course not, we were just throwing the stuff in my car. I was going to wait for you."

After our goodbyes my mother wraps Aiden in a hug, he looks taken aback but returns the embrace before we walk down the driveway and towards our cars.

Both of our heads pop up when we hear a truck starting, Caleb backs out and onto the street. His window is down and his eyes are glued to us as he slowly rolls by the driveway. I don't miss that his eyes glance over at Aiden's mercedes and they widen as he turns his attention back to us. I see Aidens amused expression as he kisses me on the cheek before landing a swift slap on my ass, Caleb scoffs before taking off down the road.

I playfully swat Aiden's chest "Okay, lets quit torturing the guy." He rolls his head back in laughter.

*****

The car ride was long but the fact that Aiden called me five minutes after we left and talked to me the entire ride back until we parked made it go by quicker.

"Hey." He says as he opens my car door after we park in the garage. He reaches near my leg and flips up the trunk lever. His fingers graze my skin as he does so and it sends shivers down my spine. I missed him too much.

We step onto the elevator and there isn't much time to think as Aiden violently shoves my luggage on the floor and grabs me. His strong arms pin me to the wall as he kisses my neck with fervor. He hasn't shaved in a few days and it adds to the pleasure of the possesive way he's kissing my skin.

I want to run my hands throuhg his messy hair. "I can't move." I moan as he presses against me harder.

A feel him smile against my neck "I prefer you that way." He looks at me with a dark expression. His teeth graze along my bottom lip and I feel pressure building inside me. "I may as well just take you in this elevator."

♥️

Where are you from?