Fili - the new you

Watching Fili and Kili from the distance you sighed to yourself.

"We used to be friends..." you muttered.

Turning around you kicked a rock and walked away.

Ever since you could remember, you, Fili, and Kili had been the best of friends. You were always together. When Kili and you were made fun of for being different Fili was there, when your parents died they were there. But now, as you all have grown up you didn't spend time with each other anymore, you felt forgotten.

You had already made up your mind what you were going to do. You had a bag ready and a note set neatly on your bed, when darkness fell you grabbed your pony and ran.

You made a name for yourself.

The white raven.

You wore only white armour, a white cloak and a white raven mask. You were known to be kind and gentle to those in need and cold and merciless towards those who done wrong.

While you were travelling along a river, you caught sight people you didn't think you'd ever see again. They must have seen you to because they all stopped and looked up at you.

"The white raven." The wizard smiled, "I didn't think you'd be so far from the towns."

You gently kicked your horse and rode up to him, looking at the group. You had found horses much faster than ponies.

When your eyes landed on a familiar soft blue, the ones of a certain blond prince you drew a quick breath and turned away.

You went to ride on but Thorin, Fili and Kili all blocked your path with their weapons drawn pointed at you.

"Where did you get that sword?"

You jumped down and made quick work of disarming them much to everyone's shock. Pulling the mask of your face, you tossed it in your hands a few times before turning to them. They didn't seem to recognise you, you didn't expect them to, you had changed and with a jagged scar going diagonally from your left temple to right side of your jaw you weren't the same.

"I was gifted it many years ago."
"You have stolen it!" Fili accused.
"I have stolen nothing you fool! I was gifted it by someone I was once friends with. He gave it to me a week before I disappeared."

You saw the cogs turning in their heads, rolling your eyes you turned around and climbed back onto your horse.

"Remove yourself from my path or I shall charge through you."
"What was their name?" Kili asked, "the name of the friend who gave that to you?"
"That is not important."
"Fili gave a sword exactly like that to a girl." Thorin told you.

You sighed and ran a hand down your face.

"His name was Fili Durin and he's standing right in front of me. Now, move."
"(Y/N)?!" Kili yelled.
"I do not go by that name." You hissed.

Kili stepped back in shock, Fili frowned and walked closer. He stared up at you and you stared back down at him.

"What happened? Why did you leave?"
"I will only stay if you have food for me to eat. It has been a week since I last ate."

You were quickly ushered near the fire where they sat you on a rock and handed a bowl of what appeared to be stew. You thanked Bombur and quickly ate it.

Once you finished you pulled a leg up under you and gazed into the fire.

"What would you like to know?"
"What happened to your face? How did you get that scar?" Thorin asked.

You grinned and there was a gleam of excitement in your eyes as you retold the story of how you fought a pack of 30 orcs by yourself. One had managed to get your face but you made quick work of him and found yourself on the edge of Rivendell where your wound was treated.

"You fought 30 orcs on your own?! What were you thinking?!" Fili yelled.
"Me against the world." You shrugged.
"You aren't alone you know." He muttered, "what ever or who ever made you think that is stupid."
"Then I guess you and Kili are stupid then."

Both boys snapped their heads towards you. Fili marched over and you stood up, toe to toe with him you didn't back back.

"You and Kili left me. You never had time for me anymore, so I went off on my own and you know what? I loved it, it was so much fun."
"We thought you were dead! We held a funeral for you!"
"That's your problem! The me you knew is dead Fili!"

You saw tears cloud his eyes and he took a step back as he turned his head down sadly.

"You didn't even speak to us about it?"
"I tried."
"I thought I lost you (Y/N)." His voice cracked.

You felt a stab through your heart, walking over you gingerly placed your hand to his face and ran your thumb along his bearded cheek.

"In a way, you have..." you whispered, "but, if you like... I suppose I can stay. You can get to know the person I've become?"

Fili connected eyes with you and his lips twitched up in a small smile, his hand came up to cover yours.

"I'd like that, anything as long as you don't leave again."
"I won't go anywhere."

You wrapped your arms around him and Fili hugged you back. Kissing the top of your head he sighed gently.

You felt eyes burning into your back.

"C'mon Kili." You laughed.

Instantly another force crashed into you sending the three of you to the ground. Fili on the floor, you on top of him and Kili on top of you.

"Group hug!" Kili yelled.

Everyone laughed, you glanced at Fili to find him already looking at you with love in his eyes, shoving Kili off you leaned down and pressed your head to Fili's.

"I never forgot about you."
"Nor did I."