37

♥️

"Oh, my EWW!" I hear a familiar voice squeal as the elevator doors open. I blush as I look around Aiden's shoulder to see a grossed-out Ashley. I move away from him and we walk into the living room. Ashley runs over to me as Aiden brings a hand down his face in frustration.

She looks at him and rolls her eyes before she hugs me, "Aiden, I came to see MY best friend. I haven't seen her in days since she ran away." She pulls back and gives me a stern look.

"I texted you constantly." I remind her. But by the way that her eyes are shimmering I can tell it wasn't enough. And by the way that mine are burning, I feel the same way.

We hug each other again and I say "I'm so happy you're okay. I'm sorry I left. Everything happened and I just kind of just blanked... I'm sorry." I say to her in a small voice.

She wipes her eyes before shaking her head. "I get it Em." She rubs my shoulder sympathetically. "We're okay though and look!"

She gestures over to a man I didn't notice before. He's extremely tall and a serious expression is stuck on his face. Ashley grunts. "Moore. Please smile at Emma so you don't scare her." She laughs as he gives us one small smile before turning his eyes back to the elevator.

"Bodyguard?" I ask her as I look over at Aiden, he puts his hands up in innocence.

Ashley stays for a few more minutes to gush about Ricky and before she leaves, she heads over to the fridge and grabs a water bottle.

"I missed you Em." She says as she closes the door. "Come stay the night with me at Ricky's tonight!" She squeals and before I can speak Aiden's laugh bellows through the room as he makes his way to my side.

"Absolutely not." He states with a smile and she swats his arm.

"She's my best friend Aiden. You can't just say what she's going to do." She pouts her lip at me, and I laugh at their sibling rivalry over me.

Aiden brings his hand to the back of my neck "Give me an hour with her and then you can take her with you." He jokes and her face contorts in disgust.

"EWW. Okay, that's my cue. Bye!" She says as she runs out of the door, with a serious-looking Moore walking behind her. He waves once to Aiden before closing and locking the door behind her.

I scoff in Aiden's direction as I watch them exit, "I'm not having a bodyguard with me twenty-four seven." My voice raises at the thought.

Aiden studies me before smirking, "Emilia Achelois Banks. Don't use that tone with me!" he laughs, and I sigh.

I throw a dramatic hand to my forehead, "Please don't ever tell anyone that." I beg.

He wraps me tightly to his body, "You're secrets safe with me, but you know your middle name has meaning." He says with an amused expression.

I nod, "Yeah, yeah it means goddess or something." I recall from my mother telling me when I was little.

"Actually, it means 'She who washes away the pain'. You're named after a goddess." He kisses my cheek. "How fitting."

I blush, "My mom is big into reading, she's a romantic." I smile.

He straightens up "But, seriously though. You will have a bodyguard with you at all times when your not in my view." He presses his lips to my forehead and I nod.

Anxiety shoots through me as I realize why I would need a bodyguard. The thoughts come rushing back but I take a deep breath as I push my hand through my hair. It feels greasy and tangled. I shiver at how awful I must look, "I'm going to go jump in the shower." I tell him and he smiles. "Want me to join?"

I really need a moment. I know I want him tonight and I need to shave. As much as I want him to join me I shake my head... blushing.

****

I feel the warm water under the stream and take off my clothes and jewelry before stepping in. I haven't taken the necklace off since I put it on, but I want to exfoliate. I place it carefully on the counter before climbing into the steaming shower.

Afterward, I dry off as my eyes pan across the bathroom. A short gray robe is hanging next to Aiden's usual black one. It's a woman's size. With quick fury, I cross the bathroom to examine it. I see the tag hanging on it and quickly read it. 'Chill Princess, it's for you.'

I laugh as I slip on the soft material. It's light gray and as I tie it, I notice how perfectly it hugs my curves. I decide to not wear a bra but to throw on some gray panties to match.

I walk into the kitchen and my mouth drops as I take in Aiden's appearance. He must have changed while I was in the shower. The only thing he's wearing is a pair of basketball shorts. I admire his tattoos and his perfectly sculpted body before he turns his full attention to me.

His emerald eyes rake up and down my body. He walks over to me and places his hands on my waist. "I knew this would look perfect on you." He trails his hand against the fabric, his finger grazing the side of my breast. "How bad did you freak out when you saw it hanging next to mine?" He laughs and I swat his arm.

"That wasn't funny." I scold playfully. "But, thank you! I love it. It's so soft!" I hug the material.

He leans down and kisses my neck for a moment before pulling away.

"Where the fuck is my necklace?" He asks as he grips me tighter. "Bathroom." I smile.

He walks away and comes back, twirling it in between his fingers. "You are not to take this off, baby."

With one hand he turns my body around, my back against his chest. He leans into me and places the chain around my neck, his hand grazes my throat and I shiver at the contact. How can something as simple as putting on a piece of jewelry be so sensual when Aiden's the one doing it?

"Better." He says as he turns me around and plays with the lock.

We stare at each other for a long moment, I begin to wonder what my brain was thinking when I left. Was it shock? Or fear of being so desperately dependent of this man?

He twirls my hair as I speak "Weren't you worried I would refuse to come with you?" I ask.

He laughs once "No." He simply states. Oh, the confidence.

"Why?"

"I see the way you look at me, you're just as crazy about me as I am with you."

He walks up to me, wrapping a solitary finger under my chin forcing me to look up at him, "Besides, I'm too selfish to allow you to leave again." He plants a kiss on my cheek that sends a shiver down my spine. "Understand?" He smiles as he trails his hands lower and lower and lower...

♥️

Follow me ☺️