xliii

Two Years Later

"Is this your first ever podcast?"

"Yes it is."

"I am honored to take your podcast virginity Miss. Wendy Kane."

"And I am honored to be here Mr. Jeffrey Knight."

"Everyone, thank you for joining us on this fine day, welcome to Celebrity Tell All. My name is Jeffrey, and today I am joined by twenty-six year old fashion entrepreneur, who made her debut into the world of business two years ago, Wendy Kane."

"Hello, hello."

"I gotta say, I personally am a huge fan. I'm not that big into fashion by any means, I mean, look at me right now, I'm wearing a baseball cap, a sweatshirt with some stain, and jeans I bought maybe five years ago. But, I have to say, I have a few Wendy Kane items lingering in my closet that my wife picked out for me and I wear them too much that I think my wife is ready to throw them out."

"That's really funny. I'm glad you're enjoying your clothes though."

"Trust me I am. Do people ever tell you personally how much they like your stuff, like, face to face?"

"I mean, at some sort of function they'll throw that into conversation but I don't know if they're being genuine if I'm honest, but there will be an occasional 'Oh my God, your shit is the bomb!' from someone, like, on the street."

"That's awesome. And it's the truth, your shit is the bomb. What I really appreciate about your style is that you accommodate for everyone. I'm talking women, men, children, plus size, or size zeros, you have a brand that really suits everybody and I think that's just part of the reason you're so successful just two years later."

"Thank you so much. Yeah, I think everyone deserves a chance to find something they feel absolutely comfortable in. For me, it's not about gaining the most attention because of some sequined dress or anything, but I want to make sure nobody feels left out. In today's day and age, so many people are insecure about their body and how they look in clothes that most of the time they'll hardly put the effort in anymore and I wanted to try and help those people by giving them what they need in order to start loving themselves for who they are. That's been my goal ever since I was fifteen as a freshmen in high school. People would love to comment on other's clothes because it didn't compliment their body type whether it be they're too skinny or they're too fat, and I've hated how people would drag other's down for wearing something they like. So, I made it my life mission to prove those bullies wrong and that anybody can wear anything and rock it."

"Wow, since you were fifteen? You've made fifteen year old you quite proud I'd say."

"I suppose so."

"So, you're actually here today because you've got your new spring campaign coming up, isn't that right?"

"Yes it is. It'll be debuting next week."

"Can you talk about the inspiration behind it?"

"I mean, I try to follow the trends while also putting my own twist on them, if that makes any sense. . . Sorry, I'm not the best at describing things! I'm horrible when it comes to promotion. If people like whatever it is they'll want to buy it, I can't try and persuade them in anyway, because, as you can tell, I'm horrible at even talking about the inspiration."

"That's fine! People will just have to find out for themselves. Now, I also wanted to say that you've got quite a few of familiar faces to model your campaign. Including Actress Zendaya, Model Ashley Graham, Actress Millie Bobby Brown, and the boys of Harboring Hearts. That's quite the collection of people."