03︱a beachy day

SUNDAY, AUGUST 11
(VIDA's point of view)

9:22am

I woke up to the piercing gaze of eight eyes fixed upon me. "Were you guys planning on eating me?" I mumbled, still half-asleep and yawning.

"You wish," Clyde replied.

Phoebe couldn't help but chuckle. "That sounded so wrong," she said teasingly.

I rolled my eyes, wanting to continue my dream undisturbed. "If you guys are done, I'd like to get back to my blissful slumber."

"Good luck with that, sis," Eddie chimed in, playfully tugging at my legs. I didn't budge; instead, I buried my face deeper into my pillow.

"You're so lazy!" I heard Brianna exclaim.

"I'm not lazy; I'm conserving my energy," I retorted, my voice muffled by the soft cushion.

"Quit pillow talking and get up," Clyde interjected, pulling me off the bed and onto the floor.

"Ow!" I exclaimed, rubbing my leg in mock pain. "How dare you separate me from my soulmate? I should have killed you guys yesterday when I had the chance."

I turned to my actual soulmate, my beloved bed, and hugged it tightly. "I'm sorry," I whispered affectionately.

Clyde and Phoebe exchanged amused glances before the four of them left the room. Eddie and Brianna, oblivious to the eyebrow-raising exchange, simply followed suit.

Minutes later, I found myself in the car with the others, heading to the beach. I realized I needed to change my clothes since what I had on earlier wasn't suitable for a day at the beach. I quickly swapped my attire for a pair of blue ripped jean shorts and a white off-shoulder tie-up floral print top.

In case you're wondering how the eight of us managed to fit into the car, it was a simple solution. Eddie took the driver's seat, and Ash called shotgun, leaving Brianna, Shawn, and me to squeeze into the back seats, while Phoebe, Clyde, and Drew occupied the back-back seats.

"Let's play a game of random questions," Drew suggested, voicing his thoughts, and we all agreed.

"I'll go first. Have you ever wondered if a bird hitting your window is a sign that God is playing Angry Birds with you?" Shawn asked, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

I rolled my eyes at the absurdity of the question. It didn't take a genius to figure out who the mastermind behind it was.

"Deep stuff, man. I feel you," Eddie replied dramatically, earning another eye roll from me.

"No, Shawn, we've never wondered," I said with a playful smirk.

Shawn stretched his hand and pulled my hair, a smirk forming on his face.

"You did not just do that!" I shrieked, swiftly readjusting my hair.

Shawn simply smirked in response. "Any sensible questions, guys?" he asked, challenging me with his gaze.

Unfazed, I scowled at him. "I have a question. What was that for?" I demanded, clearly irritated.

"Any sensible questions?" he corrected himself, smirking in my direction. What a jerk.

"Eddie, what are your intentions with Katie?" I interjected, shifting the attention away from Shawn's antics.

"If you're referring to the message I sent to her grandson, then you're being utterly ridiculous," Eddie replied, turning to address all of us and winking playfully.