1. gasoline

EVAN WOLFE

"Forgive me Goddess for I have sinned," I whisper as I press my cold palms together, my eyes bolted shut. Shifting underneath the grains of rice that are piercing the skin on my knees.

"I don't deserve this life, I know I have done bad things." I frown, my eyes still closed. "I just pray that I don't end up like my brother. I am not my brother. I do not have bad blood."

My lips tremble and my knees begin to shake from the uncomfortable pain of the sharp grains. "I am sorry for what I have done, I am sorry for not being better."

"I am sorry for being a sinner,"

Evan, downstairs in three minutes. We are leaving to train. I hear my Alpha, Jaxon tell me through mindlink.

My eye snap open and I drop my hands to my sides, pushing myself off the grains of rice. Gently picking them out of my knees and off the floor, placing them back in a metal pot which I hide in my draw.

I throw on the closest clothes that are laying on my bed and I head downstairs. Jaxon and his mate Ava are already in the kitchen, they are smiling at each other. Completely lost in each other's eyes, it was cute but at the same time made me feel so unbelievably lonely.

They don't even acknowledge my presence, the thought of having a mate somewhat kills me. I'd love to meet my mate but they would hate me for what I had done, for who I am.

Would my mate even be a boy?

My thoughts are interrupted when the rest of the pack join us in the kitchen. Jaxon smiles when he sees his beta, Kayden. "Glad to have you back to train brother," Jaxon says as he claps his hand down onto Kayden's back. They hug each other tightly and both share a bright smile.

"Right everyone listen up," Jaxon calls and all the attention is instantly turned to him. "Now Kayden is back from his travels we are going to train and we are going to train hard."

Jaxon's blue determined eyes scan around the room. "I don't want any slacking off anymore, I want this pack to get back to where it used to be. I want us to be fearless and brave. I want you all to have the strongest physicality possible. So we are going to work fucking hard."

The whole room looks back at him in silence. "Does everyone understand?" He demands.

"Yes Alpha," we all respond.

He nods curtly. "Right let's not waste any more time," Jaxon slams his hand down onto the marble counter and walks out of the back door.

We all follow and stand in a circle around him in the garden.

"We are going to train differently today, I want you to get up your human strength as much as your wolf strength." He tells us as he turns around slowly in the circle. "We will run into the woods and then find a place to shift. If you can't keep up then—" he pauses for a moment. "Just see what will happen."

A cold shiver runs through my body, I was physically the weakest here by a mile. The fact my body and my wolf could no longer heal itself meant that any wounds I get slow me down.

"Let's go," Jaxon yells before darting into the trees, he was so quick I barely even saw him leave.

Everyone instantly follows him including myself, I'm at the back. My heart is already beating outside of my chest.

I can no longer see Jaxon or Kayden they're so far ahead. My hand comes up to my forehead to wipe away the beaded sweat that has coated my skin.

Come on Evan. Sam taunts me in my head. We all knew you'd be last but you could at least try. I can hear his torturous laugh.